where can i get cheap ibook?

M

mart19902004

where is th cheapest place to get a ibook as im thinking of changing from pc to mac?

i like in the uk so have to be a uk site, i would want the 1.33ghz version

at the moment the cheapest 1 i can find is £599.97 at pcworld.co.uk

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
you could try mac forums or ebay.. they seem to usually have the cheapest prices.

PS: We don't particually like your advirtising in signature, so if you want to be thought of as a good member here on MR, its best to remove it. No offense, but its considered spam.

OP
M

mart19902004

i will do, i can t use ebay as my mutha dosen t trust it and my bank hasn t sent me my debit card yet

any otha website u now of?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP C2D 2GB, 24" imac 4GB
Acually, PC world have just reduced it down to £499 now (well they have in my local one).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
If you pay a bit more, you might be able to get a macbook with a student discount... check apple's website for details on eligibility for student pricing.
Just some food for thought...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP C2D 2GB, 24" imac 4GB
The cheapest macbook on the student UK apple site is acually £700. I have to say £499 for a 12" ibook is pretty good from PC world. Or they have the 14" one for £599.

Reaction score
chaslam said:
The cheapest macbook on the student UK apple site is acually £700. I have to say £499 for a 12" ibook is pretty good from PC world. Or they have the 14" one for £599.

Ive just checked online and prices have gone back up, £549.97 for 12'' and they dont seem to have the 14'', just the 12'' powerbook at £799.97. Gutted as was just going to go on and order the 14'' at £600 after seeing your post as its a bargin!

Cheapest place I have found without a doubt is Ebay though mate (im in the UK also) aslong as it is a reputable seller (i.e check the feedback, that items sold are reall and not fake autions to bump up the feedback) and always go and collect the item (with a big man lol) and pay cash where possible (can check the product is as advertised) and you will be ok. There are a few BNIB at the moment, and quite a few second hand but excellent condition so thats probably your best bet mate!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
macs4less.com, www.powermax.com, www.macmall.com or just EBAY it. lots of G3/G4 snow ibooks listed for $500 or less

or search the classifieds on here.

Reaction score
those are US sites though mate, and even if any of them delivered to uk, postage would be hefty and chances are it will get stoped in customs and have hefty charges whacked on, ending up costing more than they would here in the UK.

Also Ebay U.S - To advise I got a laptop through with no charges about 2 years ago but the seller listed it as an amp being returned for repair on the packing note, they seem to be alot strickter now, my collegue ordered Smallville from US for like £13 or something and it got stopped and ended up getting fined and it cost him about £40 in the end - it was on sale in HMV for £29.99 ha ha :miner:

Ebay UK has 3 brand New Ibooks 12'' right now, one is bidding currently at £420 but still 1day and a bit left so I suspect it will creep up, 2 BIN, one at £544.99 and one at £529.99 both with £20 P&P so may as well go to PC world an get it for same price with guranteed returns policy etc lol

Reaction score
Update on the PC world offer, its only available to order online and collect instore - however no matter what town with the UK (from Sothern to northern) it says not available at store :blind: I will ring them tomorrow and if they say they dont have any, I will take a quick screen print and try and do them for false advertising lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro
mart19902004 said:
i will do, i can t use ebay as my mutha dosen t trust it and my bank hasn t sent me my debit card yet

any otha website u now of?

To be honest, I'd just wait till you get your debit card and do it on eBay then. You'll probably get the best deals there.

Reaction score
Originally posted by Lionel

Or they just ran out of stock.. :/

Yeh I figured thats the case but if it is, it should legally state this next to the product, not still be up for sale!

Grrrrrrrrr

Brand new on the bay are same or slightly more (by £20 or so) than the current deal at PC World plus P&P of about £20 as far as I can tell. Second hand ones are going for anything from £350 upwards - most I watched seem to go for about £450-£500 if in good/excellent condition - personally I would rather pay the extra £50-£100 and have brand new so I know if deffo got nothing wrong with it lol

Oh well.............currently the winning bidder on one on the bay (BNIB) only 6 hours to go

Reaction score
Just picked one up on the bay for £529 BNIB plus £20 del so not bad at all.

Ill let you know when I get it, if the purchase is OK what the seller details are as they have a shop so you may beable to deal with them direct!

I went to PC world after phoning ** and being told, unable to order online as each store has 5 or less in stock so they dont do an order system it is a first come first served basis, went down, they had one manky one on display (well used, discolourd, screen badly marked etc. I asked if they had anymore and they said only the display one and it was reserved but I could put my name down it case it was never collected. I had no intention but said ''how much is it'' and they said same as the online price £549.99, I laughed out loud by accident and then said, they cant possibly expect to sell it at full price as it is a state, so he just shrugged and tried to get me to buy an Imac or a powerbook of the 14'' ibook as I was walking out the store lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz, 80 gig hdd, 1gig ram
Um...newspaper, internet, friends...just ask around!

Reaction score
Not sure if theres a fry's in the UK, but I got My new 12 inch ibook last week for $659 from fry's. That seemed like a great deal to me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.