Airport Question

Reaction score
The same thing happened with my powerbook. Initially, my laptop would automatically connect to my network without a problem. Recently, I had to configure another device of mine by changing the security settings on my wireless router. I set up my laptop and I connect fine. The only problem is that when I turn on my laptop now, I have to manually find and select my network. It's no real problem, but it's annoying.

If it helps any, I changed my wireless security from a WPA to a WEP. It's all in my keychain so retyping the password isn't a problem.

I'm under the impression that when you first set up your network when you first set up the os, it makes these network settings your default. Only now, since I changed it, it no longer seems to have any default at all.

Just wondering, is there something I may not have seen, a setting or something?

Thanks alot, I appreciate your feedback.

OP
V
Reaction score
I found a setting just now, not sure if it's the one I need:

Under the airport tab of the airport drop menu of the network configurations in the system preferences is an options button which has the option to "look for recent networks"

I think this might be it...

OP
V
Reaction score
vbr2 said:
I found a setting just now, not sure if it's the one I need:

Under the airport tab of the airport drop menu of the network configurations in the system preferences is an options button which has the option to "look for recent networks"

I think this might be it...

no this didn't work

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
you need to make it one of your "trusted" networks i beleive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.