• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Entourage, just not worth it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" G4 Powerbook, 1.33/1g/80g
well, i've been running it for the past day without any problems..

but no, it just wont send my emails.. it just says "connected to STMP server".. then it comes back as message failed.

says the server is too busy, but when i login to my yahoo.com account, i dont have any problems at all.

what gives?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
That could be a problem with Yahoo... hard to say, really.
As for client based email apps, I have no problem with Mail.
:black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Have you gone through your ISP (or yahoo if thats the account that is giving you problems) and made sure all of the ports are correct?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I believe so, how would I do that exactly?

Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
In their guide to setting up POP they might tell you different ports to use in the account settings then the defaults (I know gmail does this). They should have a guide for Entourage on how to set up the account

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Have you ever checked email on your Yahoo account with an Email client before or have you just used a Web Browser? Have you tried Mail to see if it will work with that Yahoo account? Like DB and trpnmonkey41 have said, it might be something to do with yahoo. Try Mail if you have not and see if it works and be sure you are setting it up correctly.

Is this a FREE or a paid Yahoo Email account. I just checked and there is no POP avalible on the Free emails. Just making sure.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
trp, I went into my yahoo settings and it told me it was using "SMTP port 587"... so i checked my entourage settings and it said "port 25".. so i clicked on overide and switched it to "587" and now it seems to work.

Although, why would it have all of a suddden just stopped working?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
What do you mean stopped working? From what I read it never in the first place so the port change is the only outstanding issue. On a side note most ISP's block port 25 for email service. There is a Knowledge base article that applies to Mail.app but the principle holds true for all clients. It should also be said that Hotmail and Yahoo both require paid accounts to use a client program to check mail.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.