• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Bittorent and MaC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Im still new to the world of Mac and how different software I was so accustomed to works a little differently. What Im asking about is bittorent, and since most torrents need to run overnight or for hours at a time, and under most settings the computer "sleeps" after only 15 minutes to a half hour...how will I be able to download full torrents without draining my battery? Should I just change the options to never sleep/shut off and keep it plugged in all the time? Also, are there other issues (aside from legal ones) that I should be concerned about?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
yup just leave it on plugged in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
what torrent client are you using?

Reaction score
i love azureus (kinda OT but also on topic as well lol)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Canadianapex said:
Can you guys list some good URLs for some MAC torrents?

Thanks...
What's a "Mac torrent"? :black:
No such thing as a "Mac torrent" or a "Windows torrent" or even a "Linux torrent".
Torrents are torrents.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
well, there is a linux torrent.... i guess if you wanted to download linux

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
macAttack said:
well, there is a linux torrent.... i guess if you wanted to download linux
Nope. That would presumably be an .iso for Linux not a torrent... its just that it happened to be transferred in torrent from.
;)

Reaction score
Ok...to clarify my original question....a website that has a major amount of MAC torrents and not just Windows based torrents...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Canadianapex said:
Ok...to clarify my original question....a website that has a major amount of MAC torrents and not just Windows based torrents...

ummm....okay, read my post again :black:
D3v1L80Y said:
What's a "Mac torrent"?
No such thing as a "Mac torrent" or a "Windows torrent" or even a "Linux torrent".
Torrents are torrents.
There is no such thing as a "Mac based torrent" or a "Windows based torrent".
A torrent is a torrent is a torrent is a torrent.
:black:

Reaction score
I didn't think that this question was so hard to follow. I know what torrents are and I know that there are no Window torrents and no MAC specific torrents but I am looking for a torrent site that has alot of MAC specific applications...thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Canadianapex said:
I didn't think that this question was so hard to follow. I know what torrents are and I know that there are no Window torrents and no MAC specific torrents but I am looking for a torrent site that has alot of MAC specific applications...thanks!
Okay, guess I misunderstood.
If you are looking for a place for Mac applications, then torrents isn't the way to go.
I would suggest either www.versiontracker.com or www.macupdate.com for software downloads.
:black:
If you are looking for retail software, then check out http://store.apple.com

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Correct if your talking about downloading applications, which are not licensed free, you are breaking laws, and the rules of this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.