• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Problems with .bin's and .cue's

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16ghz 15" MacBook Pro, black 30gb ipod video, black 2gb Nano.
I have a video that plays just fine in VLC off of the .cue. To burn that with Toast, you mount the image, extract the AVSEQ01.DAT out of the MPEGAV folder, then change the .dat to a .mpg, then burn and viola. Thats where my problem lies... Just trying to play the .dat in VLC i get this error, and it plays like crap. No video, just bunches of nintendo noises.

main: decoder is leaking pictures, resetting the heap
main: picture 0x217fe34 refcount is -1
main: picture to date 0x2180158 has invalid status 6
main: picture to display 0x2180158 has invalid status 6
main: picture 0x2180158 refcount is -1

When i change it to .mpg, the same thing happens. Any thing that im doing wrong? Or is my file just corrupt?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.