WWWeeee I just ordered my macbook!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 1.8Ghz 60Gig 512MB
Well late last night I have ordered my first Mac... I can't wait... I am getting so tired of MS BS....

I can't wait should get it tuesday....

Is there any apps that I must get or just have to have???

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Congratulations! I am sure you will love it.

Regarding applications, it is difficult recommend something without knowing what you want to do with it. The software you get with your Mac covers broad range of things and the rest depends purely on your requirements. If you are interested in programming you should read this article.

A

Annie

You will receive it on Tuesday (3 days?) - Good luck - I ordered mine on July 19 and still have not received it yet. I did upgrade it, etc. but still I can't believe it is taking this long. It just left China yesterday and doesn't yet show if it's hit the US or not. I can't believe it takes this long - my only gripe about Apple - I've never ordered anything before that took this long, computers included. Oh well.....

Annie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Yeah, supply is still fairly tight on the macbooks... the shop i work at still only gets trickling shipments of a handfull of models a week...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz, 80 gig hdd, 1gig ram
Heh, you are not getting anything on Tuesday. The wait for your Macbook will drive you insane. A lot of us speak from experince :) My macbook took 11 days just to ship. And then 3 days to get from China to the United States.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook @ 2ghz, 1 gig of ram, 100GB HDD
all in all my macbook took 9 days to get to me (which is actually quite fast if you ask me). But anyway, congratulations on your purchase, of what I believe to be a truly *** spanking machine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz, 80 gig hdd, 1gig ram
True, perhaps I was being overly negative. Your machine will be a great asset to you once it gets here. You will definitly love it. Its just the wait that makes you realize how impatient humans really are.

M

myMac

Haha, yeah :( I ordered mine on the 18th, it just shipped on Friday (the 28th) one day after the estimated shipping. I paid for expidited shipping and they are saying it won't be here until Friday the 4th. Hopefully yours comes soon, though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20in 2.0GHZ Intel Core Duo 2GB Ram
Well I ordered my iMac last Monday and it will be here on wednesday. It's made 120 miles away at the Apple Cork plant which is the HQ for all European operations. I ordered the Wireless mighty mouse and it came in 2 days!

OP
FAT MAN GO BOOM
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OneWorld22 said:
Well I ordered my iMac last Monday and it will be here on wednesday. It's made 120 miles away at the Apple Cork plant which is the HQ for all European operations. I ordered the Wireless mighty mouse and it came in 2 days!

:eek:neye: Oh man that totaly sucks.... *Sniff Sniff* man I hope it does not take long... I will go bananas.... I can't wait for it still, but it looks like I might have to...

OH please oh please come soon....

Is there like a Mac god that I can pray to... to get it earier.... ???? Maybe Steve... the partron saint of apples and every thing shiny??? LOL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20in 2.0GHZ Intel Core Duo 2GB Ram
Just remember good things come to those who wait!

Just think right now your MacBook is being lovingly put together by a Chinese lady working 15 hours a day for 15 cents a week! :black:

Globilization, you can't beat it!

Reaction score
haha it only took my macbook like 30 secs to come from the back of the apple store to my hands :p

with the drive to the mall to pick it up, everythign was said and done in 10 mins :p

sucks for you guys who dont have apple stores lol :p

and today I replaced it for another one because of the yellow stain problem (also a 'blue' stain on my clicky which the manager in the store agreed it wasnt a stain from my finger) so I got a berand new macbook again, so opening the box was awesome, it was like the last time I opened it, so exciting :p

C

catmonkey

I just ordered my Macbook!

hey all, i have also just ordered my Macbook (Fri 28th). This will be my first Mac! The estimated shipped date is Aug 2nd and the delivery date is the 11th. Do you think it will get here before that date? (I live in the UK if that makes a difference) Also on the apple order tracking all it says is "not shipped", does this change at all untill it ships? if this is the case i wont bother constantly tracking it.

Update, my Macbook has been shipped on the 31st (Today), day one of a possible 3 i was told! i couldnt be happier at the min! so if im lucky ill have it by the end of this week!

thanx,
Mike

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Stuff
I didn't get a Macbook, but I wanted one. But I ordered a Mac Mini Duo of eBay and it should be here today...well later today. It's 2-3 day shipping so I'm HOPEING it comes today. Ordering a Mac, whatever it is all of us feel the anticipation of waiting. Then the joy when the USPS guy walks to your door with it.

As for Taseal, I would have gone to the Apple store, but I payed $640 for a Mini Duo w/ Applecare. So, in reallity would you rather A.) go to a Apple store and pay $940 for a Duo with Applecare or get one of eBay from a legiut dealer for $640?

T

todd51

Also on the apple order tracking all it says is "not shipped", does this change at all untill it ships? if this is the case i wont bother constantly tracking it.

After they have shipped it, it's status will say "shipped" and it will provide you with a FedEx tracking number. Go to fedex.com and track it from there! Mine just got shipped today!

C

catmonkey

Mine shipped with TNT

It says mine was shipped via TNT, i have been to their website but it says it cannot find it yet, guess it is too early to check it!

OP
FAT MAN GO BOOM
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
catmonkey said:
It says mine was shipped via TNT, i have been to their website but it says it cannot find it yet, guess it is too early to check it!

Weee Mines in ANCHORAGE Not tommorow but wednesday Wwweeee

T

todd51

Yea mine's in Anchorage too, but it says I won't get mine till Thursday morning. I REALLY can't wait for this thing!

The fact that I work all day doesn't help either, I'd rather do nothing at home and surf the net about Mac stuff.

OP
FAT MAN GO BOOM
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
todd51 said:
Yea mine's in Anchorage too, but it says I won't get mine till Thursday morning. I REALLY can't wait for this thing!

The fact that I work all day doesn't help either, I'd rather do nothing at home and surf the net about Mac stuff.

Todd51 you did get thought today though nice...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.