I need help!!!

O

OsekOne

So I downloaded bootcamp today and installed windows xp on my macbook pro. But everytime I restart my mac it runs windows. Doesnt even give me an option to choose os X or xp. WHAT DO I DO?! Is my os x lost? How do I get it back? Or am I just stupid and dont know how to switch over. PLEASE HELP!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Either hold down Option right after the Chime and select OSX, or in Windows XP, open control panel and Performance and maintenance and you will see Startup Disk, Click it and select OSX.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro, 1.83 GHz, 1.5 gigs RAM, 80 GB, AND NO HEAT ISSUES!!
unless of course you selected the wrong place to put the windows partition

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
OsekOne, did you figure it out? 95% of the problems like yours was solved by what I posted. Want to be sure everything is ok.

OP
O

OsekOne

wow. that was scary. I did the whole control panel thing in wondows and now im back on the os x side. I only put on windows because I need to run photoshop and it ran really slow on the mac. Adobe shold update and make me happy :). Thanks for all your help!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OsekOne said:
wow. that was scary. I did the whole control panel thing in wondows and now im back on the os x side. I only put on windows because I need to run photoshop and it ran really slow on the mac. Adobe shold update and make me happy :). Thanks for all your help!

If you want to get back to XP, from within OSX open System Preferences and startup disc and select XP or hold down option at startup.

Glad I could help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.