Viewing thumbnails?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16ghz 15" MacBook Pro, black 30gb ipod video, black 2gb Nano.
So far my only pet peve about my mac is that when i go into my picture folder, i see little icons and not thumbnails of my pictures. Please tell me i can change this? :eek:neye:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
go into column view :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
Right click in the folder (not on a file) and select "Show View Options". Then select "Show icon preview". Then at the top you can change whether you want it to apply to just that folder or all folders.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
Alternatively, click the little cog button near the top of the finder window to get the 'view options' dialog for the current folder.

OP
Mister-Twoster
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16ghz 15" MacBook Pro, black 30gb ipod video, black 2gb Nano.
Thank you guys, tons!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz, 80 gig hdd, 1gig ram
Is this thread honestly necessary. This is clearly not a pet-peeve, it just shows your ignorance. Your Mac owners manual is your most valuable resource. Additionally, dont be so hesitant to play around with settings. Its right in front of you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
NikBhat said:
Is this thread honestly necessary. This is clearly not a pet-peeve, it just shows your ignorance. Your Mac owners manual is your most valuable resource. Additionally, dont be so hesitant to play around with settings. Its right in front of you!
I see somebody feels right at home in OS X...lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz, 80 gig hdd, 1gig ram
IronMac said:
I see somebody feels right at home in OS X...lol

I have had OSX for 2 weeks now and I feel confident for sure. How did I get here? I looked up a lists of shortcuts for programs. I read the forums. I read articles. I watched Podcasts. I did my research and learned how to use OSX in the best way for me. It is a shame that most people are not as curious and interested in learning things on their own. Especially something this innane. It just shows ignorance, pick up a owners manual.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Well to be fair - Apple's "owners" manual on OS X is a tad on the short side...

And I'm sure lots of people getting to know OS X haven't found all the preferences and settings quite yet.

Reaction score
NikBhat said:

Without doubt. I have asked numerous questions that I found in the manuel but still wanted a posters view.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.