Just got my macbook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook @ 2ghz, 1 gig of ram, 100GB HDD
Hey all,
what a great way to start your morning.
Well so it was around 10:27, and I hear my mom opening my door (door to my room), and I think to myself what is she doing. So when she left the room, I look to see what she was doing, and truly behold, I see a shipping box. I get up as quick as I can, and bang it is my macbook (white). I was surprised. See I purchased my macbook On the 18th of this month, and was told that I would not get it till August the 3rd. Then an e-mail I received from apple stated that I would get it august first, however tracking the item with fed ex stated that I would not get it till the 2nd of august.
So as you can tell I am absolutely stocked and I don't even know where to begin with my macbook.
Good thing is I have a book, Mac OS X for dummies. l :D
All in all I am absolutely stoked with the sheer beauty of the macbook.
Oh boy now I am going to clean my room... :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Sweet, congrats!

My Powerbook shipped to my Mom's office (saved $25 on shipping) and I literally took off of work to go pick it up.

OP
BlueBacchus
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
surfwax95 said:
Sweet, congrats!

My Powerbook shipped to my Mom's office (saved $25 on shipping) and I literally took off of work to go pick it up.

:) Did you get in trouble for that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
Depends if he told them WHY he was taking off ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz, 80 gig hdd, 1gig ram
I got my macbook today as well. 10:30 sharp. Anyway, yes it does look incredible, but more importantly it runs even better.

I havent even had time to check these forums because I have been fiddling around with all the settings, preferences, and widgets!

OP
BlueBacchus
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah I know exactly what you mean NikBhat.
To be honest I am quite overwhelmed.
My buddy is coming over at 4pm (PST) to explain to me some stuff on Tiger.
So Nik, so far how do you like your little baby? :D

F

fliP

Dang, my MBP is OLD! I got it yesterday LOL. I'm still trying to figure out the wireless network print setup through an XP box but I'll get it. I've already re formatted my external HD to FAT32 and put all my stuff back on there and added all my music/pics/files I want on the laptop. So far, it seems very nice. A little different than my other XP machines but that's why I bought it. If anybody knows if it's possible to install XP on a FIREWIRE external drive can you email me at [email protected]? I don't want to post that stuff here and derail the thread. TIA!

OP
BlueBacchus
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So fliP, how do you like Mac OS X?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blue: Honestly, I am totally in love with this thing. I LOVE the keyboard. I LOVE how I was able to video chat with a friend of mine who is vacationing in Italy right now (he got his MB right before hist trip), I LOVE how clean OSX is. I love so many things about this machine I too am overwhelmed. I LOVE the screen! How about you?

OP
BlueBacchus
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nik maybe you could help me out here.
Do I need any special software to get video chat?
Or better yet how do I get it going?
Any help is highly welcomed and highly appreciated. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No, both of us were on new Macbooks and just hooked up via Ichat. Simply browse your Ichat buddy list and note the "video camera icon" that appears by any user who also has a web cam. Click that button and watch the magic begin. If its worth noting, we initally did have trouble getting it to connect, but today it connected successfully and we had a very clear, fast connection. hardly any lag at all between video and voice. It was awesome!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Stuff
Congrats dude, I'm waiting for my Mini it's supposed to come in Tuesday

OP
BlueBacchus
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
NikBhat said:
No, both of us were on new Macbooks and just hooked up via Ichat. Simply browse your Ichat buddy list and note the "video camera icon" that appears by any user who also has a web cam. Click that button and watch the magic begin. If its worth noting, we initally did have trouble getting it to connect, but today it connected successfully and we had a very clear, fast connection. hardly any lag at all between video and voice. It was awesome!

Thx. I shall give it a try soon.

PumpkinLand said:
Congrats dude, I'm waiting for my Mini it's supposed to come in Tuesday

Thx. We are almost there. 2 more days. I hope you will enjoy your mini:) So congrats to you as well. :miner:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.