macs in general....

A

aleen

So basically, i have a couple PCs already... and i wanna justify buying an ibook... but I'm NOT a graphics designer and i dont have a video camera...

All i do is surf, game, and thats about it...

How can i justify to myself that buying an iBook is a good idea and that i need it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Unless your PC's are really giving you problems and you have had enough of microsoft I can't really see any reason that you would need to go to apple.

Surfing the web you can do on any machine.
You would probably have to buy brand new games for your mac and unless you get the G5 with some nice specs you really aren't going to get as good of a gaming experience as you can with a PC

OP
A

aleen

i agree... however, I really like the OS X user interface... I've even configured RedHat using KDE to look and mimic OS X....

still trying to justify it.... my edu discount runs out in September.... so i have time...

OP
P

PowerbookG417

aleen said:
i agree... however, I really like the OS X user interface... I've even configured RedHat using KDE to look and mimic OS X....

still trying to justify it.... my edu discount runs out in September.... so i have time...

you also need to take into affect you want to do gaming...well theres not a whole lot of games design for mac so if that is what you want to do ..you should just take the same money your going to spend on the mac and buy a pimped out new 64bit AMD !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
PowerbookG417 said:
you also need to take into affect you want to do gaming...well theres not a whole lot of games design for mac so if that is what you want to do ..you should just take the same money your going to spend on the mac and buy a pimped out new 64bit AMD !

Au contraire mon frere.

Mac Game Files
Apple OS X Games

Also check The Apple Store under Third Party Software >> Games .

The few that aren't originally for mac, are usually ported over very quickly. Plenty of games, and they do run well on a mac.

OP
P

PRinMD

Well dude I had the same dilema, have 3 PC's in house and a laptop. Everyone in the house has a computer now and I got me my laptop :D. I use my little baby for everything, except for games, which i can play some games but not really the ones I like, I'm into Black Hawk Down, Enemy Territory and Call of Duty, all first person shooters that don't go all well with a laptop. One thing I noticed that I had not noticed before there are a lot of games that when you look at sys requirements they have them for Win & Mac. So it's all good. Another reason that I decided to get a Mac was that I also wanted to have a variety of OS's in house. I have win XP pro, win 2000, Red Hat9 actually getting changed to fedora, SuSE 8.2 soon to change to 9. Now I got me a Panther and seriously out of all of these, I really like this one the most by far. I say get one, you will not regret it.

Oh yeah one other thing, get it with little ram, then purchase more from, well for me I like crucial, very good price and good ram, and a **** of alot cheaper than apple's ram.

L8R G8R

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.