Parallel Questions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB Pro/ 2.4GHZ / 2GB
I have the install but i want to know how to set up the shared folder so that i can share between OS X and XP. Please help me with this. Also, it seems that the delete key is known to XP as the Backspace, making it tedious to delete folders, emails, and impossible to force quite using ctrl+alt+delete. Any ideas on these things. And has anyone tried installing games like Guild Wars on a VM yet?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
Did you install Parallels Tools in Windows yet? If not, once XP is booted go to the VM menu and select "install Parallels Tools". Then shut XP down and from the Property Page View (main Parallels window) click "edit" down at the bottom. On the left you'll see Shared Folders. Go in there and check "enable shared folders" and then add the location of the folder you want to share. In Windows I believe there's a shortcut on the desktop to the shared folders.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1st gen MacBook Pro - 15", 2.16GHz, 1G RAM, 100G HD
Heyo :)

Regarding your games question, I strongly doubt Guild Wars would work. I've tried two relatively old games - Age Of Empires 2 (which is fine), and Rayman 2 (which installed but didn't play). They're still working on proper DirectX implementation so until that happens use Boot Camp for games.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.