Mouse

A

Annie

I did a search on this but wanted to know from the newbies around here what mouse you use. I am getting a white macbook so would love to be able to get a white mouse. I hate the mac mouse - I prefer a 3 button/scroll bar like the one I use with my Dell. Also what is best - optical or blue tooth - I am getting wireless. Just curious what you newbies use.
Annie

OP
J

jsteid

i've heard that logitech mice work great with macs but I dont think they come in white

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini Mac Intel Core Dou, 2 Gigs RAM, 100 GB hard drive.
Haha. Search only works well if you know how to use it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
macdillon said:
Haha. Search only works well if you know how to use it.
Its not that difficult to use. :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Logitech does a nice keyboard/mouse package. Both are wireless, both are white. The total is $99, which may be a bit much if you don't want to use the keyboard. The wireless part is implemented via a small USB connected transmitter/receiver that the battery operated keyboard and mouse talk to. Both the mouse and keyboard are quite nice. I use them on my machine. You may wish to consider them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
I bought a mighty mouse and I like it just fine. :)

OP
I

iRizzo

I have a Logitech and love it. It's silver and matches my MacBook Pro perfect. The only white mouse I know of is the Mighty Mouse. Why do you not like them? Apple just came out with a wireless blutooth version.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz, 80 gig hdd, 1gig ram
Mighty Mouse is king!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook @ 2ghz, 1 gig of ram, 100GB HDD
Mattlike said:
I bought a mighty mouse and I like it just fine. :)

Same here. And looks coherent and unifying as well. :)

Reaction score
Coming from windows, I have the mac mini. I use a M$ wireless elite keyboard and mouse. Works just fine...(black, though). M$ even wrote OS X drivers so all the extra buttons (that I'm almost never use) work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 1.83ghz MBP/ 1.5gbRAM/ 250gb ext hdd/ 19" external display/ MX Laser mouse/ Sony w810 cell/
Annie,
any USB mouse you've used before will work, as will a bluetooth mouse. Here is my thing about it though.

If you're like me and you use more than one button on the mouse, think about this combo: Logitech G5 MX lasermouse and a small mac app called USB Overdrive. Problem with Logitech is that they dont have good mouse drivers. The mouse will work, but buttons 5-9 will not work, nor will the scroll wheels or things like that. With the USB Overdrive, they do. Now I've got the scroll, page forward & back, expose, and others mapped all to my mouse. Any usb mouse will work with USB overdrive.

Bluetooth, heres the problem. You'll only get basic functionality out of any bluetooth mouse except for the mightymouse. No bluetooth mice that I know of have drivers written for the mac to let you use the other buttons. Maybe the MS bluetooth Intellimouse explorer version does, but Im not sure. For the record the MS mouse is very comfortable.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.