White macbook

A

Annie

I wanted white - I prefer white because I think it looks as a mac should - black reminds me of a windows laptop which I did not want. Now I keep hearing all these stories about discoloration of the white mac - mine hasn't shipped yet (suppose to ship out tomorrow) - I am sitting here wondering if I should cancel this order and get the black instead (if I even could since it hasn't shipped yet?) - Has anyone purchased the white and had the discoloration problem? I would be very upset if this happened. Thanks

Annie

OP
S

SHNAKE

jsteid take a look at the title of the thread. And Annie don't worry about discoloration that was only one some earlier macbooks I think they solved the problem already. Mine has no discoloration whatsoever

OP
A

Annie

SHNAKE said:
jsteid take a look at the title of the thread. And Annie don't worry about discoloration that was only one some earlier macbooks I think they solved the problem already. Mine has no discoloration whatsoever

That's good because I really like the white (I have a white iPod also) - Black does withstand tear tho - I have a black Dell PC that is going on 4 years old and not a spot on it anywhere and I work at home so am on it 6 hours a day. Hopefully my macbook will be the same. Will have to look up cleaning tips so I can keep it white! Thanks Again
Annie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
I can confirm that the problem of discolouration no longer exists. Mine started to go yellow, and the top case and keyboard is being replaced under warranty.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle
I have had my White MacBook for 1.5 months and no sign of any discolouration at all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz, 80 gig hdd, 1gig ram
you can also protect your white macbook with the invisible shield!

www.shieldzone.com

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook
yeah i have no problem with mine... its white and I LOVE IT!! so hurry up and go get one :) :)

Reaction score
I have had a White for 6 weeks now and the color is a little dirty but fine overall.

Reaction score
yea, mines is a lil' dirty!!! Not the keypad but you know the surround white area, like where you may rest your wrists will typing. Is there a cleaner where I can wipe it off?

OP
S

sursuciofla

I put PDA screen protectors on mine. Almost two years old in Feb '07 and still clean as a whistle.

Reaction score
I have had mine for 2.5 weeks and i just started to notice discoloration today. Apple will be getting a call tomorrow.

OP
C

CWMac

alibumaye said:
yea, mines is a lil' dirty!!! Not the keypad but you know the surround white area, like where you may rest your wrists will typing. Is there a cleaner where I can wipe it off?

..but...the surrounding areas grey o_O

You guys must be mucky buggers lol. JK !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2015 5K iMac 4ghz 32gb 4gb Graphics - Late 2011 17" MacBook Pro 2.4ghz quad i7 16gb ram
I don't think you need to worry about it because the problems that these people have are all in the same month they got it, warranty should cover things like that. And iklear, (I think that's how you spell it) is very good at cleaning the screen and outside, about $6

Reaction score
I've got to call the guys i'm talking too about this.

mine is getting pretty brown; a two month old computer shouldn't look like doody.

they said apple is willing to listen and their goal is to get some consistency in their response... people here have taken it in and got it fixed no problem and then there's me, whom they have sent on a wild goose chase for magic 'special plastic cleaner' that does not exist.

OP
S

sursuciofla

kevin_msu said:
sent on a wild goose chase for magic 'special plastic cleaner' that does not exist.

It exists, it is called the new and improved "Defect"...Apple needs to get on it and remedy this.

Is Macbook interior all white as well? I know the ibooks (like mine) have an off-white, I guess light gray interior.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.