Will my windows hardware work on a mac

Reaction score
I am thinking about switching to a mac and want to run windows also.I have the DVDEXPRESS I have the buslink 1.1 drive. I also have a maxtor 80gig 1 touch drive.What I am worried about is the HP300E This uses a dla software.Will this play on OSX or windows xp when I put in in the drive?I think all the software programs like I use pressdisplay reader at pressdisplaywill work. Thanks for the help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Everything should work fine when you run Windows. The DVD drive will likely work with OSX as should the Maxtor. What format is the Maxtor drive, FAT32 or NTFS?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
If you are talking will they work in Windows on the Intel Mac then yes. As long as they will plug into the Mac, they will work if you use bootcamp and boot into XP as they would with XP on a normal PC. Like Baggss said, some of it will work under OSX also like the Maxtor and maybe the HP burner but you may need to run Patchburn on the OSX side to get that burner to work.

Just one thing to remember, in OSX any drive formatted in NTFS will only be able to read the data on the drive but not write to the NTFS drive, but FAT32 will work with both OS's both read and write.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.