Alt Tab WoW

J

jsteid

Alt Tab Full Window Apps (games like WoW) for a Mac newbie

I postesd this in the OS section but this might be better here thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, I've just switched to my first Mac, a MacBook Pro, and am slowly learning the shortcuts. I've been searching for an answer but cant find a specific response to this. How can I basically alt-tab from a full window application, world of warcraft for example. I usually leave my Fire up in the background but don't want to have to quit to see it. Is there a way for me to do this?? I hope this hasn't been answered but I did a quick search through the forums and didnt see anything. Thanks!!!

OP
J

jsteid

Any help here anyone? I found that command-M might work, but my laptop is at home and I can't try it. I've downloaded multiple alt-tab programs but they dont work for full window.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Command+Tab

Also, give patience a chance. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G5- 1.8Ghz - 1GB of Ram - AND - 17" Intel Core 2 Duo iMac - 2Ghz - 1GB of Ram
if I remember correctly it command "M". if thats not it try option "M" or control "M". I rememebr hitting one of these and WoW went from full screen to a finder window.

OP
J

jsteid

evolve said:
if I remember correctly it command "M". if thats not it try option "M" or control "M". I rememebr hitting one of these and WoW went from full screen to a finder window.

thanks!! i was hoping for someone who had tried it before. After being on a pc so long and simply alt-tabbing like a fiend it was quite a shock when it didnt work on the Mac! but now that i know it can be done Ill relax a little!

OP
J

jsteid

Ive gotten windows like firefox to minimize but it did not work with programs like WoW

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G5- 1.8Ghz - 1GB of Ram - AND - 17" Intel Core 2 Duo iMac - 2Ghz - 1GB of Ram
If thats not what you're looking to do, then I think the back of the instructions booklet for WoW has the keyboard shortcuts.

OP
J

jsteid

evolve said:
If thats not what you're looking to do, then I think the back of the instructions booklet for WoW has the keyboard shortcuts.

i was talking about the post above yours. It seems that most of the alt-tab type functions worked outside of a full screen app like WoW, i downloaded Witch and LightSwitch that worked great outside of WoW but did not work in-game

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.