• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

So Glad I Own A Mac (As Usual)

Reaction score
Indiana; there's more than just corn here
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67 MHz
Unforunately I have vast amounts of knowledge when it comes to Microsoft's Amazing Windows (TM). Today I had to "fix" someone's computer who obviously had a bad case of spyware. I thought my youngest brother was the king of collecting spyware but this was totally different. The family maybe had like 10-15 spyware entries in adaware/spybot but when it narrowed down to like 5 NONE of them would go away. Some required digging through the registry, one of the *******s kept messing with some of Window's services, and one would constantly use massive proportions of CPU. I've never dealt with spyware this difficult to remove. 3 of them came up as 10 TAC rating on Adaware, correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that is the highest rating they can go. I guess I haven't been following the worst of spyware lately as my PC, as much as I love it, is collecting dust. Once again, I love having a Mac.

EDIT: The spyware prevented both spybot and adaware from starting right when windows boots AND crashed out adaware initially (not spybot though, hmm). Also, McAfee (spelling) couldn't get rid of some of them. I did find some programs that specifically target certain malware and so far one of them has worked.

p.s. really glad my PowerBook does not have a registry!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.