First Post on my new IMAC!!!

Reaction score
Hey! I am extremely happy with this computer. This is my first computer that I will be purchasing "on my own" and so far I am very delighted. It is a little different from what I am used to but things on this OS just make more sense to me.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G5- 1.8Ghz - 1GB of Ram - AND - 17" Intel Core 2 Duo iMac - 2Ghz - 1GB of Ram
Reaction score
Good to hear. And welcome to the forums.

Be sure to read the Rules and use the search function.

cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" core duo 2ghz; OS-X 10.4.7; 2gbram; 256mb graphics; 250gbHD; delivered 6/14/06
geeknik said:
It is a little different from what I am used to but things on this OS just make more sense to me.

I'm only five weeks old (after 15 years with PC) so maybe take this with a grain but I totally agree with you. There are some un-advertised shortcomings to the iMac but they're nothing compared with what I endured with PC's. Starting from total newbie, at this point I haven't turned my PC on in over three weeks.

One of the factors in my decision was the ability to run Windows also if I wanted to. However, after these few weeks of easy, logical familiarization with the iMac I have zero intention of using Windows for any reason. Computer-wise, I feel like I can breath again for the first time in over a decade.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hackintosh ,Quad, Editing Machine
the day i got my mac , my stress level went down like 10 notches , hope it does the same for you, it's a great feeling, congrats

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Norwood is a Mid-2010 15 inch MacBook Pro with 10.11.1.
Theyr'e amazing, aren't they? :flower:

I'll never forget when I discovered that all I needed to do to get my then-new PowerMac G4 up and running was to plug a few things into their proper ports, I was amazed.

Of course, it probably would've been even easier if I'd known the difference between an ethernet cord and a phone cord, but that's another story. ;)

OP
G
Reaction score
Well I have had some major instability on my system this morning. My wife got up to check her email and said the computer was "Freezing". It was locked up at the logon screen so I powered down and was able to log in and had the same freeze when firing up camino. Then tried Firefox and had no problems and then the screen went BLACK and froze. After another powerdown, I uninstalled both firefox and camino and then RE-installed camino. I am now posting with camino without any problems. Not sure how long it will last. I am afraid I've got a dud on my hands though. I purchased this from macmall and had the 2gb ram memory upgrade. Anyone have similar problems as this???

Thanks in advance!

Eddie

Reaction score
High Wycombe, Just outside London, England
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 2Gb RAM Early 2006, 30Gb iPod 5th Gen. 15" MacBookPro, 2.33GHz
I'd ring them and ask their advice. Now, while the computer is still new. You may find that they just turn round and say bring it back and we'll swap it.

OP
G
Reaction score
I am leaving out for a trip today and won't be back until friday. I will call them when I get back. I just had another wierd buggy freeze so the problem really isn't getting any better.

Thanks,
Eddie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook
Try to use Safari! you can do so much with it you just have to go through preferences and enable tabbing.. etc..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2015 27" iMac, 3.3ghz, M395 gpu, 2tb Fusion, 8gb
My guess, and it is only a guess, is the problem is the memory. If macmall installed it, it may not be seated in the slot properly. With 200 pins, it doesn't take much to have them slightly out of alignment.

OP
G
Reaction score
From my PC troubleshooting experience...my first hunch was ram as well. If I continue having the problems (and I haven't had any since), I will open up the iMac and check to see if the ram is seated properly. If not I will call and give macmall a peice of my mind. The ordering process was a nightmare anyway.

Reaction score
It took me three tries to get the Ram stuck in properly. Qutie frustrating, but worked finally . Not my macs fault .

I am not here to complain, but how come a got negative reps on the previous post :p . Baffles me. (And oh, wait, I'll get some for this one too, I guess).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20in 2.0GHZ Intel Core Duo 2GB Ram
Well this is my 3rd day of iMac ownership and I'm still learning. Seems to get better every day.

Today I turned on my Sony-ericsson K750 and synced it to the mac with no other software needed!! The wireless mighty mouse and keyboard are working superbly and I really like Mac Office. Front row is great for listening to my MP3's and looking thrugh my photo's.

Just signed up to the .Mac trial today and have synced a few things, nice and easy

Everything is just so well integrated on this system...

Reaction score
It took me 4 weeks to get used to the smaller things like dealing with IPhoto and other Mac-Only things.

Eventually, it gets much easier and better.

Just keep plugging away

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.