17inch Screen....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24", 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB Ram, 250Gb HDD nVidia GeForce 7600 GT 256MB
Sorry but I was hoping that I could get some feedback from real users.

I currently have a 16inch CRT (viewable is about 12.5inches) and to be honest its quite small but I still think its quite large (my old moniter was around 10inch viewable), so is the 17inch screen on iMac 17inchs viewable?

If so would I be able to have say 2 windows side by side? Maybe have one fully viewable and another one semi viewable, at the moment to view a webpage it has to be fully maximed.

Any just interested in what people think of the 17inch screen on the iMac, while I would love 20inch the price seems far to high (over £1100)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
No, sadly it's not 17" viewable. I searched around online and found this link:

http://forums.macnn.com/archive/index.php/t-287596.html

it says the actual screen is 14.4" wide x 9" tall. As far as having windows on it, hopefully somebody with a 17" iMac can say, but from the ones ive seen in the apple store, they are nice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
That's the actual dimension, but it IS 17 inch viewable. Screens are measured from top corner diagonally to bottom corner. The 17 inch iMac is 17 inches diagonally, just as the 20 inch in 20 inches diagonally..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
Oh, right I forgot you measure diagonally. Maybe a mod can delete my post, sorry for the mix up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" G4 Powerbook, 1.33/1g/80g
i have a 17" powerbook and the moniter is giant. I can easily have 2 internet windows open side by side and be able to check them out.. they wont be big, but they'll be there and viewable.

J

jsteid

I have the 17 in MacBook Pro and i LOVE it the screen is incredible quality and looks great and has more than enough room to manipulate multiple windows

I

InFromTheCold

I've just switched from a PC with 21"CRT monitor to a MacBook Pro with a 17" screen. The 17" is good, but when I'm photo editing I find that I use both screens and favour the 21" for its extra bite. 17" is a super screen for an LCD but a good CRT is just too hard to let go off.

John

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.