• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

external hard drive, which one?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" G4 Powerbook, 1.33/1g/80g
well, i just want something small that I can carry around with me and load all my movies on so I dont have to eat up my internal hard drive space (it's going quick!!).

What do you guys recommend? trying to keep it under $100.00, that's all.

any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks :)

:black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Intel Core Duo MacBookPro 1GB DDR2 SDRAM
i have a MyBook
it works great
um but its 200 for 250gigs

Reaction score
For under 100 bucks, you won't get anything small with high capacity. Small + high capacity = iPod :)

I'd recommend 4GB Flash MEmory or if you need more you can get pretty expensive LaCie drives.

You gotta choose: Size or capacity.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
There's actually a fairly cheap LaCie Rugged drive I saw at the Apple store the other day, it holds a LOT, especially for it's size. Plus, it looks pretty darn cool.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
BlindingLights said:
There's actually a fairly cheap LaCie Rugged drive I saw at the Apple store the other day, it holds a LOT, especially for it's size. Plus, it looks pretty darn cool.

You know what's also small and holds alot? a floppy :p

I

iRizzo

I am also in the market for an external hard drive but don't know a single thing about them.

Reaction score
You can make your own for cheap like stated above, or you can, buy a lacie.... i love my lacies

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.