New iMac, new question

Reaction score
I just set up my new iMac yesterday. I am really excited about it. I have one question though. I went through some trauma getting my wireless router to work with my Verizon DSL, but I came out on top. When I accessed the internet on the iMac, I thought the web page would fill the whole screen, it does not. Is this normal, or is there something I can do to change that. I figure that since it is a 20 inch widescreen monitor, this could be normal. Any help is appreciated.

Reaction score
Are you saying that it is not maximized. its should just big enough to display the page. because you don't need the white space if you maximize the window in the mac.

Reaction score
Clicking the green "zoom button" on any mac application usually resizes the window to display the content OPTIMALLY. That means it will use your screen width and height as much as it needs to show all the stuff inside the window.

Maximizing is a windows concept that has been abloished in the mac developer's guidelines, because Apple feels that maximizing a window cuts your productivity by hiding access to your desktop or other windows. Having to travel to the dock to change windows can be very cumbersome.

But macs don't maximize. They mac-simise :-D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.