Transferring Thunderbird Email Subfolders

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

goosegoose

So, I successfully transferred my inbox and all it's content to my new mb from my mac mini. However, I am now faced with 2 new problems.

1- None of my subfolders are visible. In the thunderbird folder I can see them, but I can't get them to show up under my Inbox.

2- I can't open any of the attachments that the successfully transferred emails have with them. An error msg. appears and asks me to save the document first and then try opening, no luck doing that either.

Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

Reaction score
Did you just drag the mail as folders or did you export them in some way? Because the information about thunderbirds folders is not related to the acutal folders and resides in some seperate file. Your best bet is to copy over your thunderbird preferences (poke around in library-preferences or spotlight it ) and get the additional baggage you left behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.