how do I shorten a track?

K

kiwinvan

ok, so I've imported a track from itunes into garageband. Now what I want to do is lop off the first 16 seconds and save it so I can use it as music for a photo slideshow. How do I shorten the track? Anyone? I have never used garageband and it's beyond me. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Just drag the end or beginning of the track to the length you want.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Just place the marker over the section of the track where you want to 'cut' it, select edit -> cut track at playhead (or something similar) and it will spilt the audio into 2 little files. Select the first one and then hit backspace to delete it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
Place the play marker wherever you want it to stop, hit "Command+t," deselect both tracks that are now split (usually by clicking in the blank space below the tracks) and then click the section you want gone and hit delete. MAKE SURE ONLY THE TRACK YOU WANT DELETED IS SELECTED BEFORE YOU HIT DELETE! (if not hit command+z).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
you could also do this in i-tunes if you have to do this to more then one song and you want to make it easier on yourself you can get info on the song, go to options and set a new start time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.