• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

apple credit card, anyone?

K

Katie

I tried searching for this, but I couldn't find exactly what I needed.

like most people eager to switch here, the temptation is growing and I don't know how much longer I can hold out! my plan was to just pay for my Mac in full via my checking account, but I'm not quite at the amount I need yet. I'm almost considering the apple credit card so I can buy everything I need in about a month or two, but from what I'm reading at apple.com... it has a terrible, terrible interest rate (13%-23%... holy crap)! have many of you from here taken this route? I need some advice, personal experience stories, or opinions! I know there are better credit card deals out there, and I'm looking into them, but I was just wondering about this one specifically at the moment. thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
best advice is for you to wait a little bit longer and buy it outright. or, you can get the credit card, purchase it using that, pay off however much you have in like 2 days using your check account, and then pay 13-23% on a lot less money

-chris

OP
K

Katie

thanks for the input. I would really, really like to give it all out at one shot, but the problem is my patience! going 50/50 like you said is also another good idea.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Well don't buy till august 7-11 after the apple wwdconference.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
According to Apple, if pay within 90 days, they won't charge any interest. At least in Germany, if you pay your credit (for any Apple product) within 10 months, you pay only 4-5% interest p.a.

There must be something similar in the US.

OP
K

Katie

Graphite - of course, of course! that is the only thing I AM waiting for and willing to. whatever happens then could change my mind on anything and everything!

novicew - I read that "90 days free of interest" thing too. I could make that work...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.