Emal - I hope not stuped question!

A

Annie

I have to use my PC for work and will be on it upwards of 6 hours per day. I started using Thunderbird instead of Outlook in getting ready for my macbook (if it ever gets here!) - Anyway - my macbook will be used also obviously (when not working) - I wanted to know if I can have Thunderbird on my PC and Thunderbird on my Mac and able to get my emails on both machines (the same emails that come through) - I use a pop account - not sure if that makes any difference. It would be great not to have to use my PC when not working just to check my email but I do need my email on the PC. Oh by the way - you guys are really great - glad I found this forum!

Thanks!
Annie

Reaction score
Yup, I check my e-mail from multiple computers for a POP account. You just need to make sure you don't have the option turned on that deletes e-mails from the server after downloading them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I do what mynameis just described fairly often, although not for work. I have several e-mail accounts that I share between my desktop and laptop. The laptop can receive all the e-mails from all the accounts just fine, but leaves them on the server. When I get home and check them with the desktop they are downloaded and then removed from the server. Works quite well and I think you will be happy with it.

OP
A

Annie

baggss said:
I do what mynameis just described fairly often, although not for work. I have several e-mail accounts that I share between my desktop and laptop. The laptop can receive all the e-mails from all the accounts just fine, but leaves them on the server. When I get home and check them with the desktop they are downloaded and then removed from the server. Works quite well and I think you will be happy with it.

Sounds great - I just didn't know if they would come into both my pc and my macbook at the same town - awesome!

Annie

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I do the same thing as mynameis and Baggss do. I have it set to zap them from the server in something like 7 days after they are received just in case as I have many machines I check my mail on. I have 2GB of mail storage so it's never a problem to leave a few days emails there. Works great.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.