Buy My Mac - I'm making the switch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
C

CWN

I'm sorry - I'm trying to switch from a PC to a Mac. However I cannot afford one at the moment, so I am asking for donations. In return, I will video tape the demolitiono of my PC as a treat back to mac donators. I am also giving text links to donators.

I just PMed Mac-Forums.com administrator regarding my cause, hopefully Mac-Forums would be willing to help me out. :)

Thanks again

CWN

Edit: Perhaps I have posted this thread in the wrong location! Maybe I should be posting this in "Anything Goes" - can a mod please move it? :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
get a job. and what the **** do you need $5800 for?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
CWN said:
I'm sorry - I'm trying to switch from a PC to a Mac. However I cannot afford one at the moment, so I am asking for donations. In return, I will video tape the demolitiono of my PC as a treat back to mac donators. I am also giving text links to donators.

I just PMed Mac-Forums.com administrator regarding my cause, hopefully Mac-Forums would be willing to help me out. :)

Thanks again

CWN

Edit: Perhaps I have posted this thread in the wrong location! Maybe I should be posting this in "Anything Goes" - can a mod please move it? :)
If you can't afford one, save up your money until YOU can afford one.

Jeez... I mean, what the CRAP?!?!?
You want people to give you money, for some selfish desire... and instead of paying them back the money they would have sent you, you are making a video of you destroying a computer? You sure don't come off as someone in desperate need of charity to me.
When did the childern of today become a society of beggars, totally devoid of any sense of self-responsibility and ideals of earning your own in life?
I've got no money to shell out to you, kid... but I do have some advice:

GET A JOB.

If you have one and still don't have enough money, get another job or get a better paying one. Scrape, save, work, save, sacrifice, save.
Earn your own money, and get your computer yourself like the rest of adult society.

And who really thinks this harebrained scheme will ever work enough, to the point of setting up some site for internet panhandling?!? A lazy kid, that's who. No, self-respecting, level-headed adult would think to do such a thing.

Not only that, but you obviously didn't read the Forum Rules:
Forum Rules said:
Spam: No Soliciting / Adverstising / Spamming. This includes advertising for your own site or forum. Use the Buy, Sell, or Trade forum for all private sales. The staff reserves the sole right of determining what is spam at Mac-Forums.com.

To help prevent spam Mac-Forums.com does not allow registration with free e-mail accounts such as Yahoo, Hotmail, etc. If you need to register and that is your only account, please contact [email protected] for direct help in creating the account.
I hope that whatever admin you PM'd locks this thread and better yet, deletes it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I have a powermac G5 quad.. it was 10 thousand dollars, but you don't need a powermac for your first mac, what if you don't like it after a while, why do you need so much power to begin with, for just web development you can get away with a mini, so an iMac would be more then enough to get you by... Lower your goal it does not need to be that high. Also it is against forum rules to spam, or advertise. You being new to the forums suggests that you only are asking for money and once you get it will not be hanging around. Who knows if the money you are asking for is really going towards getting a mac..so I believe a mod will edit your post but if you want to have a good reputation around here, I would to it yourself.

edit: devilboy beat me to it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
I think its great that you're switching, but trying to get other people to buy your mac is wrong. If you want a computer, do what the rest of us have done and save up the money and purchase it yourself. I also cannot believe you are trying to get people to donate almost $6,000 for your "go big or go home" computer. If you are wanting people to donate money for a computer, do you really need to max out a 17" macbook pro and add a 30" display? I think not.

Asking for donations is one thing, but when you want donations for something that outrageous that is pretty ridiculous. Im sorry if this sounds harsh, but I have a $3,000 computer that was purchased with hard earned money, I didnt ask for handouts. There are students all over the world who take out loans to get computers, why dont you do the same. If you want something bad enough there are better ways to go about getting it.

OP
C

CWN

I am sorry. Please remove my thread - sorry for wasting everyones time!

My intentions were not to offend anyone, or break the rules. I thought I could get some support for my idea - but I mean, I understand where you guys are coming from - I will close the website and try and find another way to get a mac in a couple of years.

Thanks for your time... means a lot to me :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad, 1GB RAM
You dont need a 6000 dollar computer. If you were to ask for donations you should be getting the cheapest low end mac avalible.

MAKE YOUR OWN MONEY, and buy it yourself. how do you think everyone else bought there macs?

maybe I Should make a website called, Buy-My-Ferrari.Com?

I hate people like you, who get there luxeries by begging for them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
wow, just wow...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM
OP
M

myMac

Oh....my.....god.......

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

wait, you're serious?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

OP
C

CWN

Wow guys - I have requested this thread get closed. I didn't asked to get completely trashed like this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Stuff
How did you make the switch if you don't have the money and don't have it yet?

Reaction score
I think you've heard of http://makemeswitch.blogspot.com and think you can do the same right?

Well, brother. You could. You really could. But why a quad g5 for 5000 bucks? Gosh I don't want to be offensive or anything at all, I'm just trying to understandwhy people just think they can get gifts from stupid internet users. I mean, why don't you get a red paper clip and set out trading it? thatd at least involve some *move your butt*.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hackintosh ,Quad, Editing Machine
this guys insane everyone using to web to gain things for themselves, i'm 23 go to school , and i have a ibook and a powermac and guess what I paid for them not anyone else , get a job

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
CWN said:
I will close the website and try and find another way to get a mac in a couple of years.
Indeed, a very noble and mature idea to close the site. It would certainly show that the comments made here knocked some sense into you and that you now understand the value and integrity of earning your own....but we all know that is a load of B.S.
Its been two hours since that post and the site is still up. We all know you are just going to go and beg on some other forum.
CWN said:
Wow guys - I have requested this thread get closed. I didn't asked to get completely trashed like this.
Well, in a way you did. When you post on an open forum, expect to get responses that aren't always 'pleasant'. Especially when you post something on this level of immaturity and just plain idiocy.
This 'internet begging' scheme worked only once that I know of... about 10 years ago when the internet as we know it was still in its infancy. The general public is much wiser now and is not going to be duped into a frivolous plan such as yours.
Everyone wants something at some time. My truck was involved in a hit and run a couple months ago and is now totalled. I am driving some POS Nissan now that I despise. I would love a new truck, but I don't have the money for it now. So for now I will drive what I have and when and if I have the money later on, I will get a new truck. I am not going to beg for money from complete strangers to fund my desires.
If our comments seem harsh, it is because they are.... just like the truth is sometimes. Just "cowboy up" and deal with it.

OP
C

CWN

yogi said:
I think you've heard of http://makemeswitch.blogspot.com and think you can do the same right?

Well, brother. You could. You really could. But why a quad g5 for 5000 bucks? Gosh I don't want to be offensive or anything at all, I'm just trying to understandwhy people just think they can get gifts from stupid internet users. I mean, why don't you get a red paper clip and set out trading it? thatd at least involve some *move your butt*.

I have never seen that website actually. I will be "moving my butt" when I completely demolish my current PC into peices.

Regardless - obviously I've lost respect for members here.

I've gotten a few emails from members here saying "don't listen to them, keep it up"... not everyones hating.

Reaction score
CWN, don't get too mad, there have just been so many of these lately that it is just getting overdone. Just like those "free ipod" things were for awhile, every other post was some new user trying to get you to sign up for that.

Reaction score
Hey, I'm just seeing how it is. Obviously revieving donations does not involve mch action - the effort you invested in making the site could have gone elsewhere? Maybe looking for a job?

There's nothing wrong with donations, as long as the reason and cause are clear. You say you cannot afford to buy a mac, bt are you in a state where you can not achieve that affordability yourself? It makes sense to give children in Africa some food because they don't have the possibility to become educated and to earn money.

You do.

If you really are in such a horrible state, specify on your site. If you are, specify why you need a 5000 buck mac. Are you creative professional?

I just find it an interesting thing that you don't feel guilt. Your site does not tell me anything about what you have yourself done to help yourself out.

Give me a good reason to donate to you, poor chap, and I might.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.