is there a way to lock the bookmarks in safari?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2.4 GHz iMac w/ 4GB RAM & 320GB HD
to where it requires a password to view them?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Just make a separate user account that nobody else uses. Then nobody but you can see them because no one else will be using your account.

OP
TomyDingo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2.4 GHz iMac w/ 4GB RAM & 320GB HD
i am bringing my mac in to be serviced and i would rather the people not be able to view any of my bookmarks or really any personal information. can they service it by just using a separate account?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Then just back up your information and make sure it is off the drive before you send it in. Besides, I highly doubt the service people are really that interested in your internet bookmarks to be poking around in them. After all, they are just site bookmarks and I really can't see how what sites you frequent would be an issue. :black:
Even so, you can just save your 'bookmarks.plist' file and then erase it before you send it in.

J

JoshuaGGS

I don't think that they'd be too interested in your bookmarks really.. but thats just me

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz, 80 gig hdd, 1gig ram
On the contrary, I bet it would be easy to get a good chuckle on the job by scoping out the bizzare/funny/awful things people frequent enough to be called 'favorites'

I

Imac_Zak

I think you should Add more bookmarks....like as many adult sites you can make-up.....but thats just me...

If i was you...just write them down or save them in another file and rebook them if your really that concerned..I agree with Josh, i dont think many people will be intrested in your bookmarks.

Reaction score
As well as yanking the bookmarks file, use Onyx to delete all the caches, especially Safari's and those of all other browsers you may be running.

Reaction score
Format your hard drive before sending it in.

If you have sensitive information, or anything personal, use BackityMac and get it out. Then delete everything if you like. Then when you get your machine back backitymac makes restoring infos very easy.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.