• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

remember how excited you were when you got ur newest apple?

Reaction score
I'm just reading the macbook forums and there are a bunch of ppl who ordered their laptops and are so excited and anxious to get their apples... some took pictures of their box when they got it, and the opening up process and stuff :) lol

I remember when I got mine (last week) it was so awesome, i was excited as **** lol.... thank god there is an apple store about 5 minutes from my house so it was pretty much a split second decision... I just went to the store, looked at it, fell in love, and next day thought if I should get it, and picked it up, and rushed home to open it lol.... I couldnt wait a week or two like some of you guys since there is no store near you :p

anyways, I just thought I share lol

so when did you get yours? what did you get? how did you get it? :)

I got a Macbook white 2ghz from an apple store last week...
with some discounts and whatnot, I got it lowered from 1300 to 1000 :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
My newest Mac is the G4 PowerMac in my signature... It's new to me, and it has replaced my wintel desktop.. I was talking to my gf the day before I got it and was like "We should go to Toronto tomorrow.." and she asked why. I said "I want to go to CPUsed and get a new Mac".. So the next day, we did.. I hated the drive home, 2 hours with traffic being bad, knowing I have a new toy to play with in the back seat.

As soon as some one buys my gaming PC, I'm buying a new MacBook.

OP
T
Reaction score
punkr0x0r said:
My newest Mac is the G4 PowerMac in my signature... It's new to me, and it has replaced my wintel desktop.. I was talking to my gf the day before I got it and was like "We should go to Toronto tomorrow.." and she asked why. I said "I want to go to CPUsed and get a new Mac".. So the next day, we did.. I hated the drive home, 2 hours with traffic being bad, knowing I have a new toy to play with in the back seat.

As soon as some one buys my gaming PC, I'm buying a new MacBook.

yeah, I asked my buddy if he wants to buy my laptop for 400 bux for ***** and giggles and he was like yeah i actually need one... then I was like **** yeah! imma go get that macbook I saw yesterday, and went and bought it lol...

I also have a g3 ibook (500mhz) I can prolly sell for like 100 bux... so all said and done, the macbook only cost me like 500 bux :woot: and I didnt get the cheapest model either :cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro, 1.83 GHz, 1.5 gigs RAM, 80 GB, AND NO HEAT ISSUES!!
man when my MBP arrived, I was so friggin excited.....My hands were shaking when i opened the box. I opened it, and there it was, perfect!

**** though, it was awesome

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I'm sort of going through that today. We bought my wife a new CoreDuo Intel iMac last night and it is in the process of copying all the info from her old iMac right now. It's not even my machine and I'm excited!

OP
T
Reaction score
lol

imma buy mine a minimac or a macbook, she wants a laptop though *I think*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
my first mac was a 15 inch powerbook g4 fully loaded.. I got it a little more then a year ago.. I got it because I tried hard because I was good at video production and wanted a mac so I could edit on it like I edited on the powermacs at my school. Since I worked hard in school, my dad felt I deserved it, after talking to him why macs are better, he finally felt that I should get it, and I got it for christmas, I since have been working as a videographer started with the powerbook and one of the schools prosumer camera's, since then I have bought a powermac quad and a xl2.. mac just make everything easier... so addicting too, now I want a macbook pro.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM
When asked by friends how I was liking that new "Apple", cough, cough, I replied, "Actually, I'm thinking of suing them." "What? I thought you liked it.", they replied. "Suing for sleep deprivation- having so much fun with it that I was going to sleep much too late.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
My newest Mac was the iBook that I got in June. I've had my iMac since March and I've fallen in love with OS X, so I decided I should get an Apple laptop. I found one on craigslist and drove down to San Francisco to pick it up. I had to park a few blocks away and I remember feeling really excited as I walked down the street. Then after I bought it and I was walking back to my car some people were looking at me funny as I carried the iBook box. :)

The iMac involved a bit of a wait though. My PC died on my birthday and I decided to get a Mac. Since I wanted to get it with the upgraded video card and 1GB of RAM I had to order it online. It took a little under a week to get here, but it seemed longer. UPS came less than an hour before I had to go to work, so I didn't really get to play with it that much. So all night I was really anxious to get home and play with it. :)

OP
T
Reaction score
now I wanna buy a mac again just to get excited all again :D

maybe the ipod i've been wanting will quench that thirst :hmm:

OP
T
Reaction score
JoshuaGGS said:
A macbook for $1,000? :eek: Thats cheap..

oh, dont forget you get an ipod nano with it.... thats 150 bux that I can sell the nano for, and macbook magically becomes 850 :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15-inch: 2.66GHz
I remember it like it was a month ago. I was refreshing the FedEX page every 30 seconds waiting for some kind of change. On the big day I woke up early and was looking out the front window every minute hoping to see the truck as soon as it pulled up. It was driving my roommate mad :D

OP
T
Reaction score
Katie said:
sounds like you got really lucky with your good deal taseal!

yeah lol, i was so happy, it became so cheap in the long run... it was just meant to be :p

eddiddiums said:
I remember it like it was a month ago. I was refreshing the FedEX page every 30 seconds waiting for some kind of change. On the big day I woke up early and was looking out the front window every minute hoping to see the truck as soon as it pulled up. It was driving my roommate mad :D

haha thats some funny ****

what if you went to go take a poop and during that time the fedex man came and knocked only to see that you werent around, so he just left a msg instead of the computer saying he will try again tommorow... oh the horror! lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Stuff
I get my first Mac tomorrow. It's a G4 Powermac. It's decent, but atleast it lifts me from PCs. God am I so happy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Norwood is a Mid-2010 15 inch MacBook Pro with 10.11.1.
My brother just got a MacBook Pro. I have an iBook, so I get serious Mac envy just looking at my brother's MBP. ::sigh::

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.