• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Confused.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Stuff
iMac, Mac Mini, or iBook?

Well nevermind, I've made up my mind. I'll just buy an older system which is still better than the crap I had. The Mini, plus the monitor etc, willcost well over $700 and I don't feel like paying my parents back. So here is what I wired my choices down to:

This iMac G4
Is 700mhz accompanied by 768mb ram good enough for Final Cut or iMovie? I'm using this for school.

Mac Mini Or this Mac mini, $419 altogether leaving me $131 to buy a mouse, keyboard and a monitor.

Or the iBook I can deal with the problems it has, and I can fix them.

So which would be the smartest to get?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro, 1.83 GHz, 1.5 gigs RAM, 80 GB, AND NO HEAT ISSUES!!
honestly, I would get a summer job and get 400$ more to get a macbook!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I would say no to the iMac. I'm switching my wife to a new CoreDuo Intel iMac from that exact machine as I write this. It was getting WAY slow just running iTunes much less anything Graphics intensive.

OP
PumpkinLand
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Stuff
ShillAT said:
honestly, I would get a summer job and get 400$ more to get a macbook!

Theres only one place around here that will hire me, I've applied ever since I was 14 to get a job at Winne-Dixie yet they never answer, or they reject me. So I guess I have to wait till I'm 16 to get a job at Checkers or something.

But right now I am just going to buy an older Mac, I just want to make the switch. Save up again, then my the Macbook.

OP
PumpkinLand
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Stuff
Well, I'm looking on eBay. I'm gunna try seeing if I could find a decent PowerMac G4. Would a PowerMac G4 Be a good choice?

Any good?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.