MacBook Airport Strength

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini G4
Has anyone noticed any issues with Airport losing the connection to wireless router ?

I have just acquired a Macbook. Mostly the conx is fine .. but in my apartment in ine location it seems to lose signal .. dropping the connection.

I can log back in so it being a poor reception area seems less likely.

I have other laptops (PCs) and have no trouble at all .. and it is no a big apt. so i do not expect any problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
Have you tried Interference Robustness? It helps if there are cordless phones and such in the area. Maybe try a different channel on the router?

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini G4
deus_ex_machina said:
Have you tried Interference Robustness? It helps if there are cordless phones and such in the area. Maybe try a different channel on the router?

no. i havn't, but perhaps i should.

I have others that have no problem .. and in fact in the location i get this i am further away from cordless phone than in other places where it is fine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
You may be far from you phone but you did say it is an apartment, there could be others in your building. There are additional factors to consider also.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Interference Robustness helped out my connection a lot.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini G4
kaidomac said:
Interference Robustness helped out my connection a lot.

I already had "robustness" selected

I spoke with Mac Support.

They indicated that there might be a bug in latest upgrade; either way he had me first delete the connection I had in case of any potential corruption. then select manually rather than automatic, and select.

Thus far it has held up .. we shall see. Certainly, selecting manually would inhibit it from trying to pick up another connection nearby, as I can in fact see several, one of which is unsecured.

That said ... why should the MacBook be quirkier than three other laptops that have no problems (in that regard) ...

Reaction score
I have also wondered about my Wireless connections because my Windows computer has picked up some networks more strongly or just picked up some networks that my Mac did not. A bit of a disappointment.

But, I just checked my Robustness thing to see if that helps

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.