I Am Stunned. Simply Stunned.

Reaction score
Oh my God. I just had a divine Mac experience. Ok, I have this HP 6210 all in one printer. Well, you know the hassle of installing a printer with Windows, right? Find the drivers, special steps about when to turn it on or the whole processes is ruined, reboots, etc. Well, I just plugged the printer via USB for the first time into my iMac. I was then searching everywhere for how to install it. You know what? It just worked! Just like that! No installation, no driver setup, didn't matter if it was turned on! I plugged it in, and I can now use it! OH MY GOD! This is too good to be true!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
welcome to the mac ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" core duo 2ghz; OS-X 10.4.7; 2gbram; 256mb graphics; 250gbHD; delivered 6/14/06
Le Fumeur said:
You know what? It just worked! Just like that! No installation, no driver setup, didn't matter if it was turned on! I plugged it in, and I can now use it! OH MY GOD! This is too good to be true!

Same for me five weeks ago with one 2-year-old HP photo-printer and one six-year-old Brother laser. I thought pretty amazing after the MANY hassles I've had with PC doing the same thing.

Not 100%, though. Scanners, for example, typically take software to match with the computer. My 4-year-old HP ScanJet won't work with the iMac because HP does not have software to enable it to.

Reaction score
I had the same experience with a Brother multi-function printer. Except I did get the drivers from Brother. When I launched the installer the OS warned me that I was about to install an older version. My reaction was "***?" After thinking about it for a second...I plugged it in...it just worked.

Now I did install the drivers for my HP photosmart printer just because of the extra goodies....

T

thjustintoo

Mine wont work :( and i cant figure out how to :( but my parent's works just fine when i plug it in so i can imagine how nice it would be for it to work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
thjustintoo said:
Mine wont work :( and i cant figure out how to :( but my parent's works just fine when i plug it in so i can imagine how nice it would be for it to work.

What printer is it? We're here to help :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM
Mine works fine via USB, but not through wireless (it's attached to a XP based PC). It's a Canon IP4200- wish I could get it to work via wireless.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
here's a link for the driver and the main page.

Make sure Printer Sharing is enabled on the PC :)

Reaction score
does the scanner and everything work? I downloaded the application pack for my printer (hp all-in-one) because I didnt think all the functions would work , although I never tried.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Le Fumeur said:
Oh my God. I just had a divine Mac experience. Ok, I have this HP 6210 all in one printer. Well, you know the hassle of installing a printer with Windows, right? Find the drivers, special steps about when to turn it on or the whole processes is ruined, reboots, etc. Well, I just plugged the printer via USB for the first time into my iMac. I was then searching everywhere for how to install it. You know what? It just worked! Just like that! No installation, no driver setup, didn't matter if it was turned on! I plugged it in, and I can now use it! OH MY GOD! This is too good to be true!

check this link:http://macosx.com/content/faq.php/q25742/HP-6210-Allinone-&-Mac-OS-X-1044.html

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM
Fixed!!!

You guys rock- that worked and I am printing wirelessly (though I had to choose BJC-7000)- as long as it prints, I'm happy. For some reason the driver on the CD didn't work with this.

I appreciate it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
karudzo said:
Thanks for the links- I've got the driver installed and it does print fine when connected via USB. I just wish I could print wirelessly. I can point to it on via smb but it never prints. If I use the stock driver, it doesn't let me choose anything other than locally connected.

guy in this thread had similar problems with your printer, see here

T

thjustintoo

Mine is a Lexmark X5270, i tried looking for some drivers but what i found im not sure if its what i needed, and then wasnt sure how to install it on the mac haha.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thjustintoo said:
Mine is a Lexmark X5270, i tried looking for some drivers but what i found im not sure if its what i needed, and then wasnt sure how to install it on the mac haha.

here's the link.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
Congratulations on having a working printer. When i tried to install an HP Laserjet we had lying around it was a bit more trouble. I found out that there was never a driver made for Macs, so it didn't "just work". After some searching I found a driver that someone had gotten to work. Then when I installed it and tried to print I remembered why that printer wasn't hooked up....it was broken. :p

P

PowerbookG417

You might find that if you dont install the drivers that are required for the printer that you wont be able to take full advantage of all the features such as borderless printing and getting the photoret technology.

For any HP printer the deskjet 550c driver will work for basic printing needs, on mac and pc

D

DiscoRugby

Le Fumeur said:

Yep. Same exact printer, same exact result. I've been using PCs so much at work the last few years, I'd almost forgotten how user freindly Macs are :black:

J

JoshuaGGS

...yay mac!
I've still never set up a printer with my mac, but can imagine it'd work just as easy :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.