How do uninstall programs?

OP
M

mayo

I do beleive you only have to drag the applications folder/icon to the trash can.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15-inch: 2.66GHz
Well, I think it is safe to say the topic has been covered before ;)

Reaction score
Anyone use AppZapper and/or recommend it for newbies?

I am 5 weeks into my Mac and just drop/drag things to the trash but I worry I am leaving things behind....though they dont matter I am pretty anal about those types of things.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
MacWill said:
Anyone use AppZapper and/or recommend it for newbies?

I am 5 weeks into my Mac and just drop/drag things to the trash but I worry I am leaving things behind....though they dont matter I am pretty anal about those types of things.
Some of the people do here, and if I am not mistaken yogi is a big supporter of this app (correct me if I am wrong, :) )
Still, in my seasoned opinion, its a waste. The Trash works just fine the way it is, no need to install anything extra. :black:

Reaction score
I like AppZapper because it does a wonderful job on shady software that installs itself all over. That inclludes MS type software, MediaCentral, and other things that include launching daemon services etc.

Well, I got it for 5 bucks in the mysteryZot, so I don't mind it.

I do support it though :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
yogi said:
Well, I got it for 5 bucks in the mysteryZot, so I don't mind it.
I got it free from the blogzot awhile back. i use it because before i had it i would always forget to look for the plist files when i went to uninstall. It does miss some files but overall i'd say it works as well as the Add/Remove Programs in windows. that thing never gets everything

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
i use appzapper because dragging the program into the trash doesn't get everything. i'd rather have an automated way of removing all the associated files so that i don't forget. this is one area that windows has mac os beat.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Since most Mac Apps don't throw things hither and yon on the drive, I would disagree. You may have an odd preff or plist file here and there, but none of them are going to impact the operation of the OS or other Apps if you just trash the original. It would take and awful lot of those kinds of files to take up any real space on your hard drive. In many cases there are NO associated files to worry about at all.

Windows doesn't even come remotely close to OSX in this area. You have to stop thinking in terms of Windows when you use a Mac. The two systems are vastly different in how they do things and this is one of them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.