• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Scratched macbook :(

Reaction score
SUPER SAD FACE

My macbook (less than one month new) was "dusted" for explosives at the airport and later when I got home I noticed a huge scratch from one end to the other along the top of the macbook. SUCH A BUMMER. I mean, I probably woud have scratched it on my own somehow later on...it just sucks that it happened so soon... and the guy wasn't even careful with my computer...he was demonstrating how to do dust computers to a new girl and I asked him to be careful but he was pretty rough with the macbook!

At least nothing else was damaged though right? *sigh* Sorry just wanted to complain

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
i bet you could contact the airport or the tsa or something. try calling, don't give up so easily. they might pay for the fix.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20 inch iMac Core Duo
Yeah man, contact the airport. I'd be sorry if I myself scratched my computer, but if someone else did it I'd be even more mad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB Pro/ 2.4GHZ / 2GB
That sucks man, but on my side you are getting off lucky. I bought one of the cases that Apple sells in their stores, and after a month, the top of my MacBook is layered with Clear Coat Scratches. My best bet right now is to see if apple warranty voids with new paint and clear coat. If not, i think i may have that done in a few months.

J

JoshuaGGS

It still works right?

If it bothers you that much, complain to the airport, but it isnt gonna get you very far.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" G4 Powerbook, 1.33/1g/80g
I'm sorry..

I just recently took my 17" powerbook with me when I went to the bahamas and the TSA guy handled it like a newborn baby, I actually smiled seeing that he respected my personal property.

He did the whole "dusting" thing as well to it.

I guess I got lucky.

Reaction score
they were pretty careful with mine (i jsut went to TX 2 days ago, i'm actually there now)

he was actually like, woah, this is the new macbook? magnetic lid? awesome! lol

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.