Just received my first Mac (old one)

Reaction score
I was just given my first Mac and have a question. It is old, a iMac G3 (blue and off-white). It has 128 mb SDRam, 400 MHz power PC with OSX (v 10.4.5) installed. I am currently using a 1.6 gig processor and 256 mb of RAM. One computer needs to go to my daughter and one will stay with me. Will I be able to do that much with the slower processor and RAM? I think there is one more slot that will allow me to double the RAM. My needs are not great - mostly email, genealogy, study, some web surfing, etc. I think everything I have will work except my printer which is connected by parallel cable instead of USB. I am concerned about the age of the computer as well as the processor, etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
it should work fine for these smaller processes. Tiger is very well designed to run on older computers. Older version like jaguar and panther ran very slow on the imacs. And, if you double the ram it should be golden.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.