Hi folks!...I'm Rick.....And I'm so new to MAC!!!....

G

Gravitystorm

I wouldnt say i'm a switcher.Just wanted to see what the MAC was all about.So I bought an iMAC w/the Intel Duo-Core proc,ATI DDR3 GFX and so on.I like the machine so far.But ALOT of it is greek to me.I'm an avid PC gamer but heck,who says U cant enjoy both worlds.Just wanted to drop in and say "Hi".I'm going to have alot of questions for U guys so PLEASE dont laugh at me when I ask something you have known for years.Anyway,I can answer any PC questions you may have.I build my own rigs too.So God bless everyone!!!!....And thanks for having me.1 more thing.I cant spell worth a crap,even though I have a masters degree....Just warning you!...Again,Thanks!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
hello rick!

welcome to the mac forums. i hope you get on with your new imac and have many hours of fun with it.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Hello Rick and welcome to Mac Forums. Hope you enjoy your new iMac. If you have any questions at all, ask away.

...Dennis

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM
Welcome- you'll be able to find help quickly in this forum. One suggestion- search the forum before asking a question- it'll save you time.

OP
I

iLoki

Hi Rick,

Quick tip... Hold Control and click in the text box you are typing in then go to "Spelling" and "Check spelling as you type" I also have trouble spelling and this works a treat for me.

Logan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB Pro/ 2.4GHZ / 2GB
Hey rick,

You will love OS X as everyone who tries it does. The only thing i wish it had more of was 3rd party game support. Nothing hurts me more then having to keep my PC just to play games.

ask if need help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Welcome to the forums Rick!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro
iLoki said:
Hi Rick,

Quick tip... Hold Control and click in the text box you are typing in then go to "Spelling" and "Check spelling as you type" I also have trouble spelling and this works a treat for me.

Logan

YES! I use this every single time I write anything! LOL I also look words up in the dictionary and thesaurus regularly now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz, 80 gig hdd, 1gig ram
Welcome to the boards, just make sure to check out the Search function before posting. We are all mostly new mac users (this is the switcher hangout afterall), and chances are your questions have been asked and answered before.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.