Pictures on a mac

Reaction score
I am new to a mac, in fact new s of this week. I am very well pleased. But I am still getting used to basic operations.

Question: I want to use a picture online as my wallpaper. How and where do I go to save it in my picture folder. Do I copy and paste?, into where?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
take the picture and save it anywhere on your computer...a good place is iether your documents folder or pictures folder.

open preferences
select desktop&screen saver
click your folder where your picture is, or click 'choose folder'
select your picture
close preferences

-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
CouesFanatic said:
ok I got that figured out. Any tips on getting a quality, clear picture on there?

not exactly sure of your problem but you are going to need high resolution pictures with a good size (aka a big picture) to them in order for them not to blur or distort when stretching to fill a full screen. you can find many places to get pictures by googling for desktops or wallpapers
-chris

Reaction score
The quality of your picture depends on the picture itself, and cannot be changed. If you downloaded a wallpaper, make sure it's good enough to go with the resolutin you have set for your display. If your picture seems distorted, streched, blurred or otherwise of poor quality, consider a different (version of the) picture.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.