Reasons to Cross into MacLand

Reaction score
I'am very close to putting money down for a 15in MBP. People around me are telling me no. Please give me reasons for purchasing a kickin' 15in MBP. I need help people! The more the better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
do a quick search - there are PLENTY of threads to sway you ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
the best advice i can give you is
A) buy it because you want to
B) dont buy it because you dont want to

it is a great computer, i would say buy it if you need it
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
It's up to YOUR personal decision. I say yes, but then again I'm a mac user myself. I just jumped into the pool in February. I NEEDED a computer, and originally bought a Dell XPS laptop, but it had WAY to many problems (that's another post...). I had heard all the hype about Apple, and finally decided blindly, "Okay, I'll give it a shot." It's the best thing I've ever done. I had NO CLUE what I was doing, and entered the mac world blindly. But, it's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO worth it. I didn't even try out OS X in a store, I had no clue what OS X was, other than Apple's OS. It is so user friendly and efficient, plus the hardware is reliable. So what if it's $2000? At least it WORKS!

So, I have to agree with Coach_Z's advice- Buy it if you want to, or don't buy it if you don't want to. I'm just telling you my story because I see you need advice, and I believe my story could help you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM
To me, its a no-brainer. Who cares what those around you think of your purchase? People around me smirked when I said that I was getting a Mac, mainly because they're all into Windows for some indecipherable reason. Once I got it, the smirking quickly turned into jealousy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(W) 2Gb, 2Ghz & Bluetooth Mighty Mouse, Now my Apple glows colours, Red Apple and Green Leaf.
yeah it's odd how Windows users look sick with envy when they see a Mac machine operating whilst not busting a gut to do the simplest function.

I've had my MacBook for a week or two, converting over was simple if you just play with the OS and read forums and search Google.

Overall it's your choice and your cash. Find a store and have a good play with the OS and see how you cope. Look on forums and Google for Apps similar to what you use on a Windows box. Weight it all up. hopefully you'll make a choice that is good for you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB Pro/ 2.4GHZ / 2GB
My friends all use windows but want macs because who doesnt want the ease of chatting with iChat video or audio. i think many people just don't look at macs because of the Game support lacking... hoping leopard could change some of this

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Because it's the only 15" laptop with kicking specs in a blazingly sexy form factor that can run all the 3 main operating systems (OS X, Windows & Linux) at the same time ;)

Just get it dude,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
If you've tried the Mac OS and liked it, the MacBook Pro will work great for you. The worst that can happen is that you spent a little extra cash on a **** sexy Windows laptop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
element112 said:
I'am very close to putting money down for a 15in MBP. People around me are telling me no. Please give me reasons for purchasing a kickin' 15in MBP. I need help people! The more the better.

I have found that most people who will tell to not use a Mac have either never used one themselves, or have not used one since the 5th grade. It never hurts to see what else is out there in the computing world, you might even like it. Thge worst that can happen is you don't like it and you sell the MacBook and lose a bit of $$$$. Not the end of the world, but at least you can say you tried.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
baggss said:
I have found that most people who will tell to not use a Mac have either never used one themselves, or have not used one since the 5th grade. It never hurts to see what else is out there in the computing world, you might even like it. Thge worst that can happen is you don't like it and you sell the MacBook and lose a bit of $$$$. Not the end of the world, but at least you can say you tried.

EXACTLY. All my friends hate macs because we used crappy eMacs in fourth grade, and no one was used to the OS (I think it may have been 7, maybe 8 or 9). I still have no clue what I did back then. None of us were really into computers then, just sports. So everyone left with bad memories of Macs. Also, all of my friends, other than that, haven't used a mac period. One of my friends was at one time interested in a Mac Mini, but the price for not as good specs (as compared to a Windows machine) turned him away. I am the first person in my town to actually OWN a mac, and it's quite quiet and lonely. I take SO much bashing every day simply because I use a mac (but hey, when all their computers crash/get BSOD'd/get viruses/go INCREDIBLY wrong, I'll be laughing...). So, when I got my mac, I oogled over it, and noticed how cool and efficient it was. I never looked back. Even one of my teachers (who happens to be a computer geek) bashes/d me for it. But, as soon as all my friends started using it, they were "Wow... oh my god..." and then ten seconds later "this is crap" trying to cover for themselves. To this day, they still defend their Windows machines (I don't hate Windows, I have companies that use windows as the main os such as dell, hp) (defences- "my computer's never crashed/I don't get the BSOD/I've used computers for ten years and I haven't gotten ONE virus/I know my way around Windows, this is confusing/At least Windows companies don't OVERPRICE EVERYTHING/Why pay that much when I could spend $800 and get a MONSTER custom-built machine?/I hate this.")

So I've gone through a lot. It really gets annoying, but I just ignore them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2ghz Core Duo Macbook, 2ghz RAM, 60gb Hard drive, SuperDrive
Anyway... the main reasons for not buying a Mac were compability and availability of software.

Sharing files with Windows, say for instance, a .doc, is easier than ever. There is no fuss at all. This is out of the question.

Common sense states, Windows stuff won't run on a Mac. Since 97% of the world is Windows, you will be left out in the cold. That's wrong, at least it is now. With Intel inside new Macs, you can use Parallels or Boot Camp to run your Windows stuff.

Finally, availability of software (and hardware, too) might be an issue. For every Mac program, there are probably five Windows programs. This is still true today, but with the growing library of Mac applications, there are certain advantages to having a Mac only app. In my experience, shareware and freeware on the Mac has been exponentionally better than my experience on Windows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G5- 1.8Ghz - 1GB of Ram - AND - 17" Intel Core 2 Duo iMac - 2Ghz - 1GB of Ram
Get One. Get one Now! What are you waiting for? Go to the store and get one.

Im quite new to the mac world, but I love it. I also made the "switch" blindly. The OS is phenomenal and the simplicity of everything make being on the computer more enjoyable. Imagine for a minute things you wish you could do on Windows to make things easier. Well mac thought of that too, and everything IS easier. This is my experiance with the mac and I would never buy a windows only based machine again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.