little help on my powerbook

S

sildenafil

How can I disable touch pad? I know some pc notebooks have a little button near by their touch pad to disable its function while using mouse.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
go to system preferences

Keyboard & Mouse
Trackpad
and click Ignore Trackpad when mouse is present

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
sildenafil said:
How can I disable touch pad? I know some pc notebooks have a little button near by their touch pad to disable its function while using mouse.

Also, one of the best pieces of advice I can give any new Mac user is to take advantage of the "Help" feature. It contains an amazing amount of information and is very user-friendly. The chances are good that you will find some sort of answer there for most questions that you might have.

OP
S

sildenafil

trpnmonkey41 said:
go to system preferences

Keyboard & Mouse
Trackpad
and click Ignore Trackpad when mouse is present

Well, I tried that, but my trackpad still works while my mouse is connected to my powerbook. (This was the reason I asked you guys.) By the way, do you think because I am using a third party mouse, logitech?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
that shouldnt be the reason. I am using a m$ mouse and it disables is

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.