What is best option for damaged photos?..

Reaction score
What should I get to help me go way beyond iPhoto's touch uo tools? I have a portrait, for instance, that someone took a knife to. I can scan it and do limited touch up with iPhoto, but very limited. I know i must still wait on Adobe to get Photoshop for intel Mac but is there anything else that's as good or better?
Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, 14'', 1.33 Ghz, 60gig, 768ram, Mac OsX 10.4.3
hmm..you can still download the adobe trial version.
or use GIMP, the free "photoshop".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
or post the image on the forums.. i always love a good challenge.. (if its really as bad as you say it is)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
If you can just get the photo reprinted or the original digital source. But of course if you can't, them I'm sure Photoshop is what most people would recommend. If money is an problem, then try the GIMP application which many people seem to like.

Perhaps Photoshop Elements will be good enough. Anybody know?

Reaction score
Just a note about the GIMP...there is a re-written version floating around the web called MacGIMP, which the programmers are selling at a fee....you don't need it, you can download an OS X version from apple.com....

(BTW I've used it on PC and it's very good but a bit buggy...just about to try the OS X version...)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
There is no reason why the current Photoshop wouldn't run on an Intel Mac.
That is what Rosetta is for, despite a few people grumbling because its "slow" on Intels. It will run just fine, so if you have it load it on there. If you don't have it, then go for something like GIMP for free.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.