• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Best free Apps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 17" 1.67 gHz, 2GB RAM 60GB ipod Video,iPod Shuffle, MacPro 2.33 5GB RAM,1.5TB 2x20" :o)
Hey all thought this would be a good discussion.

Name your favorite free app for OSX and why?

Mines Sizzle Keys for itunes http://www.yellowmug.com/sk4it/

Just very easy to use and control at my finger tips for one of the most used apps

Your turn guys... :headphone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Thank you for the nice tip.

Difficult to name one app. :(

I use MAMP (Latest PHP, Apache and MySql all preconfigured), VLC Player (Allow me to play many video formats), QuickSilver (Quick way to access my Apps.), iTerm (Cooler than the Terminal) and Butler (Well, it gives me the total control of my Mac).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
there is a 5 page thread of freeware apps here. there are a lot of good ones

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5, 4G 40gb, G4 iBook
Wow I just dl'd Sizzling keys. I have to saying it rocks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.