• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

dvd burning help

Reaction score
i'm running osx tiger, and need some help putting video files on dvd. these files are set up in a weird way, but i believe they're exactly the format that they are on dvd. there are lots of files with names like

vts_01_0.bup

vts_01_0.vob

vts_01_0.ifo

some of them can be played in VLC, others cannot. i know there's something about needing to create a disc image to make it a dvd that you can watch on a dvd pllayer, but i don't know where to start. i would appreciate any help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2.0
are they in a folder called video_ts?

If so, you can just burn the folder using Toast and if not...you might just be able to put the files into a folder called VIDEO_TS.

OP
G
Reaction score
yeah they are in a folder called video_ts. i do have toast, but the only problem is i had to reformat my hard drive and i lost my cd key for toast 7. do you have one i can use?

and if i use toast and just burn the folder called video_ts, it will be playable on most dvd players?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Did you purchase Toast online at Roxio and did they Email you your key? If so, I would send them an Email or log into their site and try to retrive your key. It's illegal to for anyone here to share their key with you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.