Recordable DVDs?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Blank, recordable DVDs. Will just any brand work in my MacBook, or do I need to look for something Apple-specific or formatted in any particular way? (iDVD is turning me into...an artist?)

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
Any brand will work, but some are more reliable than others. For example, I got 5x DVD+R for little cash recently, and burned 5 little coasters. On the other hand, paying a little more and I get perfect results. Basically, the same rules apply as for any other burner, Mac, PC or otherwise.

I

iLoki

I don't have my Mac yet... but I would assume any DVD+/-Rs would work, I have never seen "Mac" DVD+/-Rs. As per usual stay away from the cheap brands just incase. You could just buy 1 and try it, but I highly doubt you will have a problem.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I tend to stick with name brands, like Imation, Verbatim, TDK and Fuji.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
Reaction score
Best bet: Philips. I know it's not the usual stuff to buy but they make killer DVDs that work every time and I buy a pack of 10 for 13 buck every month.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.