• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

zooming screen

Reaction score
Hi, I have a G4 with OS X Tiger. Just recently when online, my screen keeps "zooming" in and out. Any suggestions as to what might be causing this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
alovett said:
Hi, I have a G4 with OS X Tiger. Just recently when online, my screen keeps "zooming" in and out. Any suggestions as to what might be causing this?

Sounds like you're holding down the command or control button while scrolling the window with the mouse wheel/ball/trackpad.

OP
A
Reaction score
cazabam said:
Sounds like you're holding down the command or control button while scrolling the window with the mouse wheel/ball/trackpad.

Hi, thanks for responding. I'm not doing that though (don't have a mouse wheel).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
Hmm ... interesting then. What is zooming, the text of the web page or the whole screen? Does it do it when you are doing something specific (e.g. browsing in a specific program) or does it seem to occur sporadically?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM
Sounds like one of the Apple key (command key actually) is stuck it zooms. Then if you inadvertantly press - or + it would zoom.

OP
A
Reaction score
It's not that either. The command key isn't stuck and it does it when I'm not touching the keys. The screen sort of flutters a bit first, then it zooms in and out. It just did it three times and the screen went quite dark plus it made a clicking sound. Looks as if something's going on the blink. :-(

Thanks for your input.

OP
A
Reaction score
Discovered the problem. It was the monitor. It fizzed on me today so I'm back to an old dingy PC monitor. Oh well, at least it's working.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.