partition

Reaction score
i used parallels. and for some reason my C Drive on windows only has 7GBs. i have an 80GB MacBook.. is there a way to increase size? and is there a way to share files from both OS'

M

menace3054

when you created the partiton using boot camp it asked how large you wanted the windows disk. try running bootcamp utility again and see if it allows you to increase the size. im not sure about the file sharing, i dont actually own an intel mac, just set windows up on my friends macbook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
in the parallels folder inside applications there is a program called "image tool." you can use that to increase the size of the virtual machine.

M

MarteDVX

Is there a way to increase the size using Boot Camp? I am having this same issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
MarteDVX said:
Is there a way to increase the size using Boot Camp? I am having this same issue

no, iirc you have to erase the partition and have boot camp do it all over again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
L0GiC said:
i used parallels. and for some reason my C Drive on windows only has 7GBs. i have an 80GB MacBook.. is there a way to increase size? and is there a way to share files from both OS'

In Parallels, there are two methods of creating a virtual hard drive, which I call "dynamic" and "static". If you used the wizard to create the virtual machine, your hard drive will be dynamic by default. That means that it will grow as you add files - if you created a 40gb virtual drive initially and only have 8gb of data between the XP OS and your drivers, apps, and so on, the virtual hard drive will only show up as 8gb. If what you're saying is that you initially created a 7gb drive, that's a different story :)

Yes, you can share files between both OS X and XP. Refer to the Parallels manual for detailed instructions. Basically Parallels creates a shared folder in XP and then you point it to the folder(s) you want it to share within OS X. I have a folder on my desktop called Shared that talks to Parallels.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.