• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Microsoft to compete with Apple's iPod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2GHz Intel i7 W/16GB Ram & 256GB SSD
They steal every other idea, why not the iPod?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
punkr0x0r said:
Not to mention WMP couldn't even hold a candle to iTunes if its life depended on it.
I don't think the newest WMP is that bad actually. Functions alot like iTunes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2GHz Intel i7 W/16GB Ram & 256GB SSD
I am intersted to see how the over-the-air feature will work.

Is it just me or does Steve Ballmer look like Frank from Everyone Loves Raymond in that picture?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2ghz Core Duo Macbook, 2ghz RAM, 60gb Hard drive, SuperDrive
alucard said:
I am intersted to see how the over-the-air feature will work.

Is it just me or does Steve Ballmer look like Frank from Everyone Loves Raymond in that picture?

Heehaw.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
From AppleInsider

Apple seen countering Microsoft with wireless iPod

By AppleInsider Staff
Published: 04:00 PM EST
Microsoft Corp. may have plans to debut a wireless digital music player this year, but likely so does Apple Computer, say one Wall Street analyst.

In a research note released to clients this week, PiperJaffray analyst Gene Munster said he also sees a wireless iPod making its debut from Apple.

"Apple has stated that ease of use is a key element of the iPod, so wireless functionality is an obvious next step for the product line," Munster wrote. "Apple has also stated that the pace of iPod innovation will not change."

Historically, Apple has released two new iPods each year. "But Apple has yet to release a new iPod this year," Munster added. "Based on these two factors, we expect a new wireless iPod this fall."

While acknowledging that there has recently been a lot of talk about Microsoft's new wireless MP3 player, the analyst said he does not believe the yet-to-be-seen offering will be a worthy opponent for the iPod.

"One significant indication is that Windows Media-enabled MP3 players have been in the market for three years and have been unable to grow their roughly 25 percent market share," he wrote. "Additionally, we expect Apple will release a new iPod this fall that will likely focus on ease of use, including wireless connectivity."

Munster remains bullish on shares of Apple, rating them "Outperform" with a price target of $99.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.