got my imac have some questions

Reaction score
OK i have spent the last 5 hours playing around with my new 17" imac and I LOVE IT. I have some questions however.

1. how do i see how much hard drive space i have, and or used up?

2. I can't figure out the keychain thing. I put in passwords and info and then go to websites and it isn't entered.

thanks!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
When you open the Hard Drive by clicking on the Icon, at the bottom it will tell you how much space is free, If you right or CTRL/Click on the drive icon and select Get Info, it will show you info on the drive.

On the Keychain with Safari, be sure you have everything checked in safaris preferences and the AutoFil Tab. here is a pic.

Also no browser I have ever used has entered the name and password on all sites. i have found Safari better at working that way then most I have used.

Picture 1.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
also if you go to 'Show View Options' in the View menu of finder, you can select 'Show Item info' and it will display the information under your hard drive icon on the desktop

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
michaelstumpf said:
also if you go to 'Show View Options' in the View menu of finder, you can select 'Show Item info' and it will display the information under your hard drive icon on the desktop

This sometimes does not update when the amount of space updates. (it is a little delayed)

another way to find out would be to highlight the icon of the drive you wish you see how much space is available and hit command(apple)+I this will bring up a window with drive information.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.