Cable router

M

MacPlus

Hi, New to the list. I'm looking for some advise on which cable router to buy. I'm wanting to go with a hard wired setup. I'll be connecting two iMacs to share the internet. Also is there any restrictions on the cable length. I'll be running one line to a upstairs room.
Thanks for any help.

OP
L

lzasitko

routers

MacPlus said:
Hi, New to the list. I'm looking for some advise on which cable router to buy. I'm wanting to go with a hard wired setup. I'll be connecting two iMacs to share the internet. Also is there any restrictions on the cable length. I'll be running one line to a upstairs room.
Thanks for any help.

Just about any of them are good these days, mine is 3com and no problems at all. Off the router I have two lines running upstairs one 30' one 50. Downstairs I have a 20', 10' for two computers that are reletivly close and another 50' line going to a hub in the family room. From that hub I have a 15' and a 30' line, one for a computer on a desk and the 30' is the tether for my iBook at the moment. I want to go wireless but at the time I put this in wireless was not affordable and so will use it for now. I have right now 4 pc's and 2 mac's hooked up.

Larry Zasitko

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Yea i have my d-link router on the first floor and i have cables going all the way up to the third floor with no poblem

OP
M

MacPlus

Great, thanks for the input. I've heard that safari doesn't play well with some routers, has anyone noticed this problem.

OP
M

moni

Speedtouch 510v4 is best

I am using Thomson Speedtouch510 v4 it got four port its router and modem in one i have adsl line its one of the best it v v fast and i connected 2 pc one G5 its working v nice iam so happy before this i had usb speedtouch its not for mac it gave me lot of problem
i Strongley recomend u to for Thomson speedtouch 510v4 u can connect 4 computers with it and it got Firewall built in self powered so u dont need to worry about ur data yeh u can disable the firewall aswell

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.