PDA

View Full Version : Audio delay in iDVD

Zimmerb61
01-13-2004, 10:54 AM
I created a presintation on CGI in the movies and use some clips from different moives. After creating it in iMovie, I pushed the old "Create iDVD Project" I did not add any chapters, or fancy stuff, just said burn, after picking a theme. When finished I tested it on my home DVD player and noticed some sound delay?

Now I will say, I did not wait for it to finish it's "Status" (When iDVD lunches, it does alot of background stuff) Under the Status tab. Does waiting for that make a difference?

Barry

I am using Idvd 3

Phil O.
01-13-2004, 11:12 PM
I created a presintation on CGI in the movies and use some clips from different moives. After creating it in iMovie, I pushed the old "Create iDVD Project" I did not add any chapters, or fancy stuff, just said burn, after picking a theme. When finished I tested it on my home DVD player and noticed some sound delay?

Now I will say, I did not wait for it to finish it's "Status" (When iDVD lunches, it does alot of background stuff) Under the Status tab. Does waiting for that make a difference?

Barry

I am using Idvd 3

Barry:

I am having the same problem and I determined that it is something to do with iMovie, not iDVD. My movie had transitions and title clips between scenes. When I removed the transitions and title clips, I was able to successfully burn a DVD using iDVD if I first exported my project from iMovie to Quicktime, then brought the Quicktime movie file into iDVD.

I still have to call Macintosh tech support because I would like to use all of the iMovie features and burn DVDs with in synch sound.

-Phil O.

Zimmerb61
01-15-2004, 01:49 PM
Barry:

I am having the same problem and I determined that it is something to do with iMovie, not iDVD. My movie had transitions and title clips between scenes. When I removed the transitions and title clips, I was able to successfully burn a DVD using iDVD if I first exported my project from iMovie to Quicktime, then brought the Quicktime movie file into iDVD.

I still have to call Macintosh tech support because I would like to use all of the iMovie features and burn DVDs with in synch sound.

-Phil O.

Phil,

Thanks, I will try that, it is very disapointing to have that delay, it's like those old bad fu-fu movies!

Barry