PB <3

J

Jonathan

Just got my PB, loving it. This machine is so fast, and the graphics are amazing.

Just a couple questions:

1. Is it okay to have this thing on my lap working while laying on my bed? (it isn't burning, just warm like a laptop should get, I assume)

2. What programming languages do you guys suggest? And any tutorials online that you know of? (I am a webdesigner/developer, so I am talking application development strictly)

3. I bought The Incredibles on DVD about a month ago, and when I go to play it on my PB, I get an error saying that you cannot play copyrighted material on here, what is up with that?

Reaction score
1. Unless you're wearing magnetic underwear, your PB will survive it. You definitely will. It's safe. PB's don't usually radiate anything. There is a common belife though that bluetooth can cause testicle cancer when mobiles are kept in pockets. But I can't confirm that snope.

2. C++ does a pretty good job I hear.

3. I can't answer that right now (yet). I'll get back to you. What App are you using to watch the DVD? Did you buy the DVD in the region where you live and bought the PB?

OP
J

Jonathan

Yes, I bought it at the local Blockbuster, and this is what it says when I open it. Ok weird, it works now..is it safe to play the DVD while on my lap, or will it hurt the computer laying on an angle?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook - 15" (last ppc), iMac 20" w/ intel, iPod 5G
Jonathan said:
Yes, I bought it at the local Blockbuster, and this is what it says when I open it. Ok weird, it works now..is it safe to play the DVD while on my lap, or will it hurt the computer laying on an angle?

Totally safe. I watch DVDs while the laptop is angled against my knees as I lie in bed.. and it's been fine the past year or so I've had it. :)

Reaction score
If the DVD is saying that it is not the right region that means you need to set the region of the DVD player. If you open the DVD Player program itself and then insert the disc it should ask you at some point to set the region. I had to do this myself, would have been nice if Apple set it themselves or would ask you in the OS setup.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
yogi said:
Unless you're wearing magnetic underwear

Hey! That's why my iBook was burning my lap! :D

OP
J

Jonathan

DCraver said:
Hey! That's why my iBook was burning my lap! :D

Oka, thanks guys. I have one other question. In xCode I am working on some C++ projects and I cannot compile and run it. The option iis not available, light grey.

Any ideas as to what's wrong? I have no errors in my code, either.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.