Mac Newbie Here

Reaction score
congradulations on the soon to be new mac. youll love it and wont wanna switch back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
congratulations!!!!!
-chris

Reaction score
hehe I'm in the same boat as you, my 20" iMac should be here on Wednesday! woot!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" core duo 2ghz; OS-X 10.4.7; 2gbram; 256mb graphics; 250gbHD; delivered 6/14/06
eon. said:
hehe I'm in the same boat as you, my 20" iMac should be here on Wednesday! woot!

I'm coming on three weeks with mine. Many years with PC's so there is a learning curve for me (kinda like learning any new language) but pretty much every discovery is something that seems to me to be better/easier than same with PC. The thing I'm liking best overall is that the machine just sits there and runs. My learning isn't compromised by a troublesome machine or OS in the process. It's a different world. Liking it so far. (Other machine is Pentium 4; 3.4; XPhome; clean and fast -- but the iMac is faster)

Must put in a plug for AppleCare and ProCare. My few enquiries to AppleCare have been taken quickly and answered completely by a competent English-speakers. My weekly sessions via ProCare at the Apple Store using my own machine and addressing my own personal concerns with my own data have been Godsends. Whatever points of confusion I encounter, I simply note down and the next session gets me unconfused. I have been VERY impressed with this manner of doing business. These words from a skeptic/cynic that brings more than a decade of computer-anxiety along with me.

Reaction score
yay congrats! I am getting my very first mac too. It should be here Thursday! it is a 17'' imac. I am sooo excited! I just checked and it is in Alaska right now, and only has to get to Texas, im hoping maybe it will get here on wed instead of thursday.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.