Help Please

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP | Mini | iPOD
I bought a mini for my kids & their ipods and also to try out a mac to see if I wanted to switch (I do!).

The problem...we have 4 users on the system, 2 adults & 2 kids with our own log in screens. My oldest boy has done something to where the number keys will not work under his login...he says the numbers will not work when he types in search engines, on yahoo's website and maybe others (16 years old - hates to communicate).

The other 3 log in names have no trouble at all with the number keys. Does this make sense? I am decent with windows, but feel like a total dumb @$$ right now with this problem.

Have any ideas? I have thought about deleting his account and making a new one for him, but knowing him, it will happen again.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Sorry this is so long & have a Happy & safe 4th!

Take care,
Baldman

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini 09, MBP 12, MBA 15
Baldman said:
I bought a mini for my kids & their ipods and also to try out a mac to see if I wanted to switch (I do!).

The problem...we have 4 users on the system, 2 adults & 2 kids with our own log in screens. My oldest boy has done something to where the number keys will not work under his login...he says the numbers will not work when he types in search engines, on yahoo's website and maybe others (16 years old - hates to communicate).

The other 3 log in names have no trouble at all with the number keys. Does this make sense? I am decent with windows, but feel like a total dumb @$$ right now with this problem.

Have any ideas? I have thought about deleting his account and making a new one for him, but knowing him, it will happen again.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Sorry this is so long & have a Happy & safe 4th!

Take care,
Baldman

Numlock?

OP
Baldman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP | Mini | iPOD
I wish it was that simple...like I said, it is only under his user id, the other 3 users have no trouble at all.

Take care,
Baldman

OP
Baldman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP | Mini | iPOD
Thanks for the link D3v1L80Y...am a new user and was lost. I tried a search before posting, but it didn't help me much. I have alot to learn.

The problem occured with any search engine, whether you used the numbers at the top of the keyboard or the numbers key pad.

I was really wanting to try and figure this out, but the problem beat me, so had to delete that user and added it again.

Oh well, maybe next time.

Take care,
Baldman

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.